Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• K0SS
    K0SS Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    That's pay as you go. Not a contract. Pay as you go has never required credit checks because it's a cash/card top up service.

Only a SIM Only contract will require a credit check. If you're switching to SIM Only on the same network then likely you won't need a credit check. If you're switching to a new network then you will require a credit check on a new SIM Only contract.

I'm switching over, to a sim only contract. I have been offered a pretty deal by EE free Iphone 6 plus (no credit check) on a 20pm offer, after I had a serious complaint against them on my two other business phones with them on contract. Am snapping that up, it's going to be here on Tuesday. So, am going to get the iphone unlocked and use the rolling sim contract of 3 with unlimited data on the iphone. Since I managed to get out of my contract with 3 which wasn't great at home, poor service.

I had a friend who was a manager at a massive debt collection firm who told me the in's and out's of it all. Ironically we became friends over a disputed debt - he used to call me often to "settle it" even had doorstep visit, by some of his clowns, who can barely hold a pen. Eventually, I started calling him back, and wanted to speak to him, he said to me: "you talk to me more often than I talk to my wife, we're closing your account." :rotfl: he emailed me after he left the company, we lived in the same city we had a laugh over it. Now his working for another company. He still thinks he did me a favour. :p
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    ummmm ok.... thanks for the life story haha.

I'm still confused how you're not being credit checked on EE? Unless you're still an existing customer or something? There will be a credit check done.

Also good luck getting that iPhone 6 unlocked. That'll be the biggest headache of your life.
  • Dimey
    Dimey Posts: 1,434 Forumite
    Options
    Before you switch to EE, it might be worth you checking that they still own the nearest mast to your home - at this website: - http://sitefinder.ofcom.org.uk/search

I've had a monthly SIMM with Orange for many years and always had good signal. But the signal became erratic in December 2014. Now I have to press re-send on text half a dozen times before it eventually goes and I have to re-dial a dozen times to connect a voice call.

After lots of fobbing off I eventually found out that now EE own both Orange and T Mobile, they are de-commissioning masts to save money so each area gets left with just one or the other. It appears that the remaining mast can become overloaded with demand so you have to wait in the queue as it were, till you pick up a signal.

I'm unlucky as its the Orange mast that went in my area. But if you're signing up new then at least you can pick the right company for the mast that's nearest your home.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "Any more posts you want to make on something you obviously know very little about?"
    Is an actual reaction to my posts, so please don't rely on anything I say. :)
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,337 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I recently haggled for my talktalk mobile sim only. Did not have to do much.

Accepted the following per month for 12 months:

Unlimited text messages
    4GB data
    2700 minutes

monthly charge:£7.50
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • RandyDoodle
    RandyDoodle Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    Giff Gaff!

I signed all my mates up and we get free calls and texts to each other!

Great network, never had a problem! :)
    :beer:
  • augustusgloop
    Options
    Price changes on Three are interesting to see - £1 per month extra on sim only, and no change to allowances to hide the rise!
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Price changes on Three are interesting to see - £1 per month extra on sim only, and no change to allowances to hide the rise!

Hasn't the 200 minutes/AYCE data gone up by £2? I thought it used to be £15.
    ====
  • augustusgloop
    Options
    Could well have! I'm a low user so was only aware of the prices of the lower ones
  • K0SS
    K0SS Posts: 205 Forumite
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    ummmm ok.... thanks for the life story haha.

I'm still confused how you're not being credit checked on EE? Unless you're still an existing customer or something? There will be a credit check done.

Also good luck getting that iPhone 6 unlocked. That'll be the biggest headache of your life.

THIS. Never get a phone on contract form EE, you can't unlock them. I had to send mine to Pakistan to have it unlocked there by a family friend. EE would only unlock it after 6 month, which would deprecate the phones value. Anyway, I decided to get rid of it, after getting it unlocked, made a few bob on it, in Pakistan. People are willing to pay silly money for them there.
  • MDL74
    MDL74 Posts: 70 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just got an iphone 6 - am after a sim only 4G with maybe 2GB data... any good deals around? tia
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure