Options

Comments

• MikeWhite
    MikeWhite Posts: 617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 17 July 2015 at 2:52PM
    Options
    PBA wrote: »
    You can get this deal for £12.50/month through Mobiles.co.uk. Plus £20 Quidco at the moment (expires in 3 days). The Mobiles website doesn't mention the free Spotify, but I took this deal out a couple days ago and when I log in to the Vodafone website it is included in my tariff. It's a cashback deal, but I haven't had any problems with Mobiles in the past.

I can't see it?
    EDIT - sorry, yes I can, I was looking under nano sims.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    At the end of a T-mobile contract, if i ask for my PAC after the end of the contract, and use it within a couple of days, will they charge a full month, or just the days beyond the end of the contract? Do i need to still give 30 days notice?
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very odd place to ask...
    boatman wrote: »
    At the end of a T-mobile contract, if i ask for my PAC after the end of the contract, and use it within a couple of days, will they charge a full month, or just the days beyond the end of the contract?
    For 30 days.
    Do i need to still give 30 days notice?
    No, but if you fail to port the number out, the contract goes on.
  • boatman
    boatman Posts: 4,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 August 2015 at 10:34PM
    Options
    So if i give 30 days notice 15 days before the end of the contract, i presume i will pay 15 days after the end of it, regardless whether i use the PAC.
    Or am i better just asking for and using the PAC a couple of days after the end of the contract, and not giving 30 days notice?
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    boatman You will have to give 30 days notice even if you wait until you minimum term (12 months) has ended, so you may as well give notice 30 days befoe the end of the minimum term.
  • grumbler
    Options
    boatman wrote: »
    So if i give 30 days notice 15 days before the end of the contract, i presume i will pay 15 days after the end of it, regardless whether i use the PAC.
    It's either a notice or a PAC. If you get a PAC you must use it within 30 days, otherwise the contract goes on.
    Yes you'll pay for extra 15 days regardless of when you use the PAC.
    Or am i better just asking for and using the PAC a couple of days after the end of the contract, and not giving 30 days notice?
    No, unless you are with Vodafone: When does a Vodafone contract end?
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Hi, frazzled new mum here looking for a bit of reassurance..

With Orange. Contract just ended. Phone died during contract, so bought a recon IPhone so don't need a new phone now...

I use c.400 mins (mainly orange and landlines... Orange calls currently Magic Numbers), I went over last month and got stung hugely :(. Data around 500mb but I turn off data when I'm not using it which is irritating.

EE Retentions have offered

2000 mins / unlimited texts / 2 gig / £12.99
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • grumbler
    Options
    Not bad, but for the same price you can get Unltd+Unltd+2Gb with Virgin mobile and on a 30-days' contract, not 12-24 months. The same EE signal IIRC (not sure about 4G).
  • 23rdspiral
    23rdspiral Posts: 1,929 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver! Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thanks grumbler.. The comparason site I used & bill monitor, don't show Virgin oddly. Id forgotten about them!
    Relax, Breathe, Love 2014 Challenges:Cross Stitch Cafe Challenger 23. Frugal Living Challenger. No buying cleaning products. I used MSE advice to reduce my car insurance from 550 to 325!! & paid it off in full!!!
  • vacheron
    vacheron Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    23rdspiral wrote: »
    Thanks grumbler.. The comparason site I used & bill monitor, don't show Virgin oddly. Id forgotten about them!

+1 for giving Virgin a call. Especially if you already have other services with them.

About 2 years ago they offered me a rolling monthly SIM only deal with 1200 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data for £5 because I was already a "good customer" due to my TV/Broadband/Phone package..

A couple of months ago they upped the price to £6 but increased my calls to unlimited too. Shows on my bill each month as a £23 tariff with a £17 loyalty discount. :)
    • The rich buy assets.
    • The poor only have expenses.
    • The middle class buy liabilities they think are assets.
    Robert T. Kiyosaki
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport