Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• M0ney
    M0ney Posts: 494 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I don't get a signal with any network in my house so that's not a big deal. Best thing about 30 day contracts is I can ditch them at short notice if I don't like them.
  • qui_2
    Options
    shellsy wrote: »
    I hope I am in the right place with a question.....I am looking for a sim only that does not need regular topping up, no need for data or anything fancy...really just for use in emergency and not very frequently at that...this is for my mother who is elderly and I am lost where to start ! can anyone help....many thanks :-)

needed the exact same thing for my mum and dad (both retired), just need phones for emergencies and the odd call to family members etc

went with Family Mobile in the end, because it does not need any regular top ups or usage on the card from one year to the next, I think you have to send one text message a year, which is nothing, and the credit on the card is never lost, it just rolls over from one year to the next, so I have put £10 on each card for them both, and got two unlocked Nokia 106 phones ( half price at Argos £20 each )

they are really happy with these Nokia phones, the antenna / aerial seems pretty good to me, I was able to continue a conversation with my Dad walking all around his house without the call dropping out once, so that was a plus

found out that Family Mobile use the EE network ( the merger of T-Mobile and Orange sharing masts etc ) , so far can't complain and they can just go online and top up when they run out of credit, they can even run out of credit, leave it a few months and when they come back from holiday, top up again and still be OK

highly recommended for pensioners, in fact anyone who is an infrequent user of a mobile phone, the rates don't seem to be over the top either - only 8p a min voice, 4p a text

not sure why they are not on the ZhugeEx spreadsheet, maybe they are not as big as Giffgaff or Tesco, but I don't care, so far mum and dad very happy :-)
  • ecosarah
    Options
    Hello, I've recently started on the £15 for all unlimited monthly sim only contract. As I understand virgin uses orange and t-mob? I have some issues with reception, however I had those when on orange since orange and t-mob joined up. I haven't noticed it being worse. What handset I use makes a big difference.

Sorry I cannot give you any specifics.
  • AZZ
    AZZ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi

I have perchased a sim only deal from Tmobile in december further to a promotion run by moneysaving expert. but i cannot find out where to discuss about getting the voucher of £ 70 which was promissed. i contacted t mobile but they are not aware of this and I dont have a number or email to contact moneysaving expert. can anyone help me on this.
  • guy_incognito
    Options
    Anyone know the best sim only deal for someone who uses less than 100 mins, under 100 texts and less than 100mb data

I am currently using an unlocked galaxy note

Thanks guys
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know the best sim only deal for someone who uses less than 100 mins, under 100 texts and less than 100mb data

I am currently using an unlocked galaxy note

Thanks guys

Three's 321 pay as you go seems like a good shout.

Would cost you under ~£6 a month if you really do use under 100 min/text/mb.

Some other SIM Only plans that may suit you are Three's, Virgins and Talk Talk's base deals.

Have a read through the spreadsheet for all the info you need.
  • guy_incognito
    Options
    ZhugeEX wrote: »
    Three's 321 pay as you go seems like a good shout.

Would cost you under ~£6 a month if you really do use under 100 min/text/mb.

Some other SIM Only plans that may suit you are Three's, Virgins and Talk Talk's base deals.

Have a read through the spreadsheet for all the info you need.

Thank you... Three's 321 deal looks like the perfect package for me...

cheers
  • Buzby
    Buzby Posts: 8,275 Forumite
    Options
    Also look at 3's Essential 200 - at £6.80pm it is superb value.
  • craigfit
    craigfit Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Cheers.great post
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business