Best Sim Only Deals (MEGATHREAD)

Options

Comments

• Melman5
    Options
    As an alternative try Tesco £7.50 a month for a 24 month contract with free Moto E phone 500gb data etc.
  • Emma4270
    Options
    I've just signed up with Giff Gaff, looks good so far and you get cashback on Quidco too :)
  • Ogre_Nose_Grid
    Ogre_Nose_Grid Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 8 November 2014 at 5:07PM
    Options
    Or just get a GiffGaff free sim, then call up your current provider (mine is Vodafone) and say. "Hi, I would like a PAC transfer code please, or perhaps you can match the GiffGaff price?"

This they did to within 10%, from Vod's 22/month price on website for unlimited voice/text+1GB data+4g!, down to 11/month.

Wish oh wish I had done this years ago.

You can skip the step of getting the SIM and just use their tariffs for comparison (sorry as noobie user cannot post link)

Edit: Of course, I should have said "Perhaps you can *beat* the GiffGaff price". Still, pretty chuffed.
  • don9999
    don9999 Posts: 586 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I can't seem to find T-mobile on the provided Spreadsheet :-(

However, I see that mobilephonesdirect are currently offering a 12 month Sim only deal on TMobile.
    Cost is £11.99 per month (after £132 cashback).
    Unlimited Data, Unlimited texts, 2000 minutes.

TCB offer a further £10.50 for Sim only deals, taking cost down to £11.12 per month for 11 months.

In the above thread there are some comments about getting this deal even cheaper, but the posts are old so I don't know if any further reductions are currently available.

Am considering getting this deal for my son, who uses a lot of internet - watching youtube and films etc. Not sure whether to give him my old iPhone or Motorola G to go with it.

Anybody else seen a cheaper deal?
    (I appreciate this deal involves cashback, but since I have been using this company for many years and never had a problem with cashback, I don't have any issue with using them again. Though appreciate that there is 'some' risk involved.)

Don
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary, and those who don't!
  • Pippin12
    Pippin12 Posts: 525 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just got a good deal as a new user from Tesco that's not included in the spreadsheet. 1700 minutes, 500GB data (4G) and 5,000 texts for £10 per month on a 12 month contract.
  • diamonds
    diamonds Posts: 6,048 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Pippin12 wrote: »
    Just got a good deal as a new user from Tesco that's not included in the spreadsheet. 1700 minutes, 500GB data (4G) and 5,000 texts for £10 per month on a 12 month contract.
    500GB? you sure that's not 500MB ?
    SO... now England its the Scots turn to say dont leave the UK, stay in Europe with us in the UK, dont let the tories fool you like they did us with empty lies... You will be leaving the UK aswell as Europe ;)
  • gio_Vet
    Options
    I am already on a pay monthly contract with EE. My contract ends this month and I am thinking of going sim-only. Does the cash back for the EE deal only apply to new customers or can I get it as well?
  • Jessi86x
    Options
    Wish i saw this b4 I picked up a b-grade sim free samsung! xx
  • jpwjpw
    jpwjpw Posts: 270 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I just rang Vodafone to ask for a PAC to move my SIM only deal. They gave me 50% off!

Unlimited calls, texts and 7GB of 4G data + 12 months Spotify/Sky Sports/Movies (or 6 months netflix) for £16 a month!

Decided to stay as I haven't seen any deal to match that and their 4G network is great.
  • ZhugeEX
    ZhugeEX Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    jpwjpw wrote: »
    I just rang Vodafone to ask for a PAC to move my SIM only deal. They gave me 50% off!

Unlimited calls, texts and 7GB of 4G data + 12 months Spotify/Sky Sports/Movies (or 6 months netflix) for £16 a month!

Decided to stay as I haven't seen any deal to match that and their 4G network is great.

That's a good deal.

Whilst Vodafone can be expensive for new customers they do like to reward existing customers fairly well.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure