Have you tried to claim compensation for flight delays?

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Or as Tyzap suggests.;)
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • dsw_123
    dsw_123 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the same response. when using Resolver. So posting them the same information again. Why sign up to a system such as Resolver if you then refuse to use it ??.

also as pointed out their website FAQs they are happy to take emails complaints via this route.
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    dsw_123 wrote: »
    Why sign up to a system such as Resolver if you then refuse to use it ??.

I'm not sure who you are responding to but AFAIK airlines don't sign up to Resolver.
  • paulhuntterry
    Options
    Having experienced a little over five hours delay from Stansted to Rome on 6th May, I used the MSE Resolver service to submit a claim for compensation to Ryanair on 22nd May. I hadn't written to them before this, and was expecting the delay to be put down to strike action of some other "beyond our control" cause, as every member of Ryanair staff we asked at the airport said they didn't know what caused the delay.
    The initial response was an automated email stating the claim may take 4-6 weeks to process, but on the 25th May I received a response apologising for the delay. This was due to an unexpected technical fault, and a payment of 250 euros each for my wife and I (£440 total) has been authorised. Cheque to be received within 14 days.
    Having previously looked at the success rate for the airline I'm pleasantly surprised, would have prefered to not lose half a day in Rome but the money back is a nice result.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done and as you state, unusually quick and hassle free.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • nmtd
    nmtd Posts: 9 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi

Filed a claim for a 3hr+ delay between Alicante and London Stansted to Jet2 via the MSE Resolver system.

Jet2 write (email) back saying that claims only accepted in writing (snail mail), and any requests for updates will also only be accepted/ sent by snail.

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your email.

All correspondence regarding delays and EC Regulation 261/2004, including any requests for an update of an open claim, must be submitted in writing.

On receipt of your postal correspondence, you will receive an acknowledgement to confirm it has been successfully received and is being reviewed.

Please ensure the following is included in initial correspondence:

• Passenger names
    • Booking reference
    • Date of travel
    • Flight number
    • Copy of booking confirmation or boarding pass

If you are claiming on behalf of other passengers with a different family name, we will require written authorisation from them, allowing you to act on their behalf.

Please note, without all the information required, we will be unable to consider your correspondence.

Please send all correspondence to the following postal address: EC 261/2004 Team, Legal Services, PO Box 284, Leeds, LS11 1GE.

Thank you once again for your email, we look forward to assisting you further in due course.

Elinor Scott
    Legal Services Administrator

Jet2.com & Jet2holidays
    Legal Services Team
    PO Box 284
    Leeds
    LS11 1GE

Sounds like I'm in for the long haul...

Maybe MSE would like to pursue as to why email does not constitute 'in writing' as far as Jet2 are concerned.
  • Gussygoo
    Options
    I claimed to United after our flight was cancelled, we were sat on plane for an hour then told to get off, 4 hours to reclaim baggage and get put up in a hotel, not offered food or drink in that time! We had to cancel overnight stay in hotel at destination. Rescheduled plane took off 3 hours late so missed connection and were put up in hotel with a measly $20 each to spend on food and drink. Meanwhile the car hire company cancelled our car even though I’d paid for it. So we had to rebook and pay again. Spent over an hour on the phone trying to sort this out.
    United have offered us €600 each. Am I being greedy but I don’t think this covers everything certainly not the stress and losing 2 nights of our holiday?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure