Have you tried to claim compensation for flight delays?

Options

Comments

• Becust
    Becust Posts: 17 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    We are still trying to receive compensation for a delayed Iberia flight stuck because of the BA power outage.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Becust wrote: »
    We are still trying to receive compensation for a delayed Iberia flight stuck because of the BA power outage.

have you issued a NBA? got a court date?
  • Becust
    Becust Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    have you issued a NBA? got a court date?
    Not yet. BA said, after telling us on the day that we should claim from them, to claim it from Iberia.

We've contacted Iberia but they are still sitting on it. I've checked the MSE pool on delayed flights and this seems to be quite common.

Iberia (338 votes)
    I won - the airline just paid up - 10 votes (3%)
    I won - but I had to fight eg. appealed to the CAA/other body - 28 votes (8%)
    I lost - but I didn't appeal - 49 votes - (14%)
    I lost - after appeal (8 votes (2%)
    It's still ongoing - 243 votes (72%)

I wish we could all claim together.

We will ask for a final decision so if they deny the compensation we can go through CAA.
  • Casey17
    Options
    My wife and I ( and a couple of hundred other passengers ) were due to fly from Antalya on 9th Sept. The flight was due to depart at 10.20pm local time therefore we had booked a late check out and spent some time on the beach. By chance we went back to our room at 1.30pm to see a note from the Thomson rep stating that our flight was being delayed by 24 hours. We managed to contact her by email and her reply was that this was due to the storm in the carribean and that a number of flights have been diverted to pick up passengers in the Domican Republic. What we were not informed by Thomson was that we could have booked with an alternative carrier for the same day and Thomson would have had to pay. Had we known this we would have booked with Monarch who had seats available. Having written to Thomson twice and been ignored both times I am not sure where to take this next. We must be entitled to standard compensation under EU guidelines, but I suspect Thomson will do al they can to weasle out of paying for this. Is anyone else in a similar position?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Casey - you should have a look at the Thomson thread, there may be others there.
    Firstly have a google for Vauban's Guide and have a good read. I would say that you should have a claim as this was an operational decision they made and/or knock on delays
    If you also put your flight details into the checkers on EUClaim and bottonline you will get a view of what the NWNF firms think the chance of claim is
  • laucoles
    Options
    I have tried to claim compensation for a 26 hour delay due to a cancelled flight. I used the resolver website to do this as it was recommended by MoneySavingExpert. I received an initial response from them but after emailing them a further two times I have had no response.

It says I am able to escalate my case further but Im not sure if this is something I should do now? And Im not sure what to do.

If anyone could help i'd be most appreciative.
  • Vauban
    Vauban Posts: 4,736 Forumite
    Options
    laucoles wrote: »
    I have tried to claim compensation for a 26 hour delay due to a cancelled flight. I used the resolver website to do this as it was recommended by MoneySavingExpert. I received an initial response from them but after emailing them a further two times I have had no response.

It says I am able to escalate my case further but Im not sure if this is something I should do now? And Im not sure what to do.

If anyone could help i'd be most appreciative.

Have a read of my guide to flight delay compensation (google it for link). Alternatively, if the airline subscribes to an arbitration service, maybe go for that.

You give no real info about the incident, it's hard to offer good advice.
  • dacritts
    Options
    KLM flight in May 2017 was delayed more than 6 hours. Followed this site's suggestion to process claim 2 days after flight through Resolver - exhausted Resolver process with no response from KLM who then suggested escalating it to CAA. CAA declined and suggested escalating it through Aviation ADR.

Now KLM have offered compensation, which I'm accepting - just waiting for the money.

Here's the important bit. In making their offer KLM stated that "According to our records, we did not receive a directly submitted claim from xxx, but instead a claim filed via Resolver, which is not an accepted channel of claims submission." So KLM appear to be saying that they will not respond to claims submitted via Resolver.

If that's correct then I would have been better off submitting my claim direct to KLM, and then escalating it to AviationADR if KLM did not respond or refused the claim.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Resolver is simpley a structured letter writing exercise.
    Whilst it works for some, the better option, IMHO, is the most excellent Vauban's guide and the template letters contained therin.
    You are in control and can dictate timelines rather than resolver.
    Well done on your compensation.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • pfogg
    Options
    Did anyone fly on the Thomson flight from Montego Bay to Manchester on 21st June 2012? If so, do you have the flight number, this flight was delayed 3+hrs. Thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure