Have you tried to claim compensation for flight delays?

Options

Comments

• Tyzap
    Tyzap Posts: 2,112 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 15 February 2016 at 9:44PM
    Options
    Has anyone had any claims or success with Emirates ?

Thanks

There has been limited success against Emirates.

Thats because most of their delays occur when connecting at Dubai (outside Europe), which they then vigoursly defend all the way to court.

If you get delayed departing Europe, by 3 or more hours, you have a good chance of being paid compensation but it can be tricky.
    Please read Vaubans superb guide. To find it Google and then download 'vaubans guide'.
  • Mr.Pat
    Options
    Thank you to Martin and everyone on the thread. I am pleased to say that I have just received a cheque from BA for £458 for a flight delay 4 years ago. I used the RESOLVER tool and found it simple and straightforward. BA acknowledged my claim with a week and after sending the documents again via a link that BA sent me in their reply I received confirmation that my claim was valid. On day 13 of my claim I received a cheque for the full amount . If it wasn't for the MSE forum and Resolver I don't think I would have ever known about the possibility to claim or been motivated to follow it up. Thank you again I am delighted :-)

Pat.:j
  • DrA_Harrogate
    Options
    tawilson wrote: »
    I contacted Thomason several times over the last several months and have the email response from Thomson confirming this but I never heard anything back regarding my compensation. I have today rang Thomson to be told nothing on file and also I am out the 6 year window.
    I am so frustrated as I have tried and kept all my proof and now Thomson are stating the 6 year ruling when I tried several times

Unhappily they have led you up the garden path and successfully pushed you out of the time limit. Don't waste any more of your time on this. Should this recur you will be much better informed. You might also wish to consider whether you wish to patronise this company in future.
  • Katrina!
    Options
    Took a flight to Fuetaventura in September with hubby, 2.5yr old twins and my mum. Flight was over 4 hrs late taking off and we were asked to stay on board. We were updated pretty much on the hour with progress (or not!) there were always more problems that cropped up. Thanks to the delay, we didn't arrive til after midnight to our apartment. We were so tired and twins completely fed up, we couldn't even find our apartments in the pitch black! Not a great start to the holiday, hence I applied for compensation! I used all the forms on here and got a response straight away. Within 2 weeks were offered around £1500 compensation for the whole party. Unfortunately it took a further 6 weeks to receive the cheque as they sent it to a non-existent address!
    Thanks to this site for all the help.
  • jazbo
    jazbo Posts: 3 Newbie
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I tried for 3 years to get compensation from Thompson airways without any success BUT after using the resolver link on Martins Money tips website I won and got compensation for a flight that was delayed 4 years ago. The Resolver tool is a must and is very easy to use I would recommend anyone to give it a go, and a BIG BIG THANK YOU to this site
  • spiderx
    spiderx Posts: 21 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Used the Resolver tool to claim for a delayed flight from 3 years ago...had been meaning to do it for all that time but you know how family life is..(!) ? As a family of 5 back from Portugal to Manchester from our first ever holiday flying together we experienced a delay of nearly 7 hours in Faro airport which made us very groggy for the wedding we were going to attend the day after getting back from our hols. Filled in the Resolver form and just 10 days later have had the promise of full compensation from Monarch ...wish i had done it earlier...but a result all the same . We couldn't have afforded a holiday this year but now due to the compensation money we can ...brill !!!
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well done you should get €2,000.
  • henry-the-cat
    Options
    I used Resolver to get compensation for a flight delay with Icelandair where I missed my connection and had to stay overnight in Iceland.
    The whole process took about two months, but I really did have to badger them to finally get paid. Resolver worked great, but I also used Twitter when they didn't respond to my first escalation.
    Three weeks ago, they agreed to pay and asked for my bank details, saying I'd be paid in 1-2 weeks. I contacted them today (exactly 3 weeks later) and said that I'd been patient enough, and sure enough, the money was in my account within a few hours.
    I guess they just didn't want to make it too easy!
  • meknowalot-51
    Options
    Wife and me had a flight delay with Thomson of just over 24 hours from Rhodes to Birmingham on 21-05-16.Cup final day,should have flown out late sat. night but ended up late sun. night.Then i did some revision about compensation,which this site helped a lot.Made a claim on their website and 56 days later recieved an email stating that they had recieved our claim.It also said that they process them all in the order in which they are recieved,thats fine and thank you for your time and patience untill you are contacted.The question i have is this;does anyone have any idea of how long this could take.Thanks for any info.
    Clive & Lyn.
  • Justice13075
    Justice13075 Posts: 2,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    What was reason for your delay?. When did you first contact them?
    Download and read Vaubans Guide and go from there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure