We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

AXA pulling out of pet insurance

Options

Comments

• shannahleanne
    Options
    i dont know what to do.... what insurers are out there to cover pre-existing medical conditions, its such a mindfield :-(
  • Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options

I really hope,its not them - just had a quick look and lifetime policies ppesr to be £4k and £12k / year - the middle £7k that axa have isn't there (personally feel £4k is too little and £12k too much & will likely be unaffordable anyway)

That's one of the things bothering me, I like the £7k cover and I feel exactly the way you do with what they're offering.
  • shannahleanne
    Options
    the policy small print says it dosnt cover pre-existing conditions, i cant afford £400 a year per dog!!
  • Kinski
    Options
    the policy small print says it dosnt cover pre-existing conditions, i cant afford £400 a year per dog!!

Axa have assured us that existing conditions will be covered by the new insurer so we should be okay.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, my cat is also with AXA and his insurance is up for renewal soon. My only concern is accident or injury as I am happy to self insure for illness. His insurance almost doubled last year fro £7 per month to £12 per month (no pre-existing conditions or claims) so I am expecting a hefty price rise this year too.

Can anyone point me in the way of a good A&I policy?

Daisy
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • GRM
    GRM Posts: 645 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Kinski wrote: »
    Axa have assured us that existing conditions will be covered by the new insurer so we should be okay.

Hmm. The letter from Axa says (my emphasis):

"As part of our agreement with the new provider, NCI will cover any of your pet's ongoing illnesses and all conditions which have previously been treated under your AXA policy, subject to NCI's terms and conditions*

*Full details of the terms and conditions will be included in your quotation from NCI. This will be provided once NCI have received your personal, pet and claims details from us. The letter you'll be sent before your renew date will explain how easy it is to do this, and how you can choose to continue your pet's cover with NCI"

Nothing there that would stop NCI setting the excess for treatment of pre-existing conditions at 99% of the claim value....
  • Kinski
    Options
    GRM wrote: »
    Hmm. The letter from Axa says (my emphasis):

"As part of our agreement with the new provider, NCI will cover any of your pet's ongoing illnesses and all conditions which have previously been treated under your AXA policy, subject to NCI's terms and conditions*

*Full details of the terms and conditions will be included in your quotation from NCI. This will be provided once NCI have received your personal, pet and claims details from us. The letter you'll be sent before your renew date will explain how easy it is to do this, and how you can choose to continue your pet's cover with NCI"

Nothing there that would stop NCI setting the excess for treatment of pre-existing conditions at 99% of the claim value....

Bummer, I never thought about that :mad:
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    Hi, my cat is also with AXA and his insurance is up for renewal soon. My only concern is accident or injury as I am happy to self insure for illness. His insurance almost doubled last year fro £7 per month to £12 per month (no pre-existing conditions or claims) so I am expecting a hefty price rise this year too.

Can anyone point me in the way of a good A&I policy?

Daisy

I'm starting to look at these Daisy - Maisie has so many excluded things already I'm paying for most stuff anyway

Archie will be 9 before enewal & looking at c4p don't take on new cats over 9 so if they're forced to take them I bet the premiums will be huge

Came across this one that I'm going to look into further http://www.tescobank.com/insurance/petins/accident-and-injury.html
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Sheramber - can I ask your source please as that's not what I was told by axa yesterday!

I really hope,its not them - just had a quick look and lifetime policies ppesr to be £4k and £12k / year - the middle £7k that axa have isn't there (personally feel £4k is too little and £12k too much & will likely be unaffordable anyway)

http://www.insurancetimes.co.uk/nci-doubles-pet-policies-with-axa-book-buy/1408874.article

not sure what you want clarified,

A google search for NCI axa pet insurance will give you details of NCI take over of Axa's pet insurance and that their existing policies are issued under cover4pets.

I cannot quote from the article linked above as it is 'protected information'.

However it does say that to make their business more profitable they have 'tweaked' the pricing for some animal breeds and rates.

While you can get a quote online for Cover4Pets it may not be accurate for Axa clients as they may have existing claims which will be taken into account.

They may even offer a £7000 cover for ex Axa clients to keep the cover the same. That will only be known when people receive quotes from them to renew.
  • Kinski
    Options
    I've just had Ellie's renewal through from Axa, it's only gone up by £30.00, last year it went up by £170.00 and I was half expecting another big increase to say I'm relieved is an understatement :rotfl::rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport