PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Homemade hobnobs?

Options

Comments

• mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    :eek: You didn't tell me they grow!

It's like dumplings, all over again! :rotfl:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    How do I know when they're done? :confused:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    How do I know when they're done? :confused:

Have a guess mate. Just go for it. :rolleyes:
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    Have a guess mate. Just go for it. :rolleyes:

Ok then. How do they look? :D

DSCN0881.jpg
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    Ok then. How do they look? :D

Not bad mate. They taste fabulous though - you should make them again! ;) :j
  • shezza
    shezza Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Fab for a first attempt Mrbadexample, you just put too much mix for each biscuit. I use a tablespoon of mix for each one then flatten it down a touch, and when the spread a bit in the oven they are a fab size. My OH has to snap them in half to dunk in his coffee. I tend to get about 35 biccies from a batch. Don't give up, coz once you've tried them you can't stop making them :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    shezza wrote: »
    Fab for a first attempt Mrbadexample, you just put too much mix for each biscuit.

Oh no I didn't. ;) :drool: :rotfl:

shezza wrote: »
    I tend to get about 35 biccies from a batch.

I got 8 from half a batch. Which means they should be half the size. :o I have to say, they're lovely - still a bit chewy in the middle. I will be making these again! :D
  • redhotmamma
    Options
    :T Thank you so much Twink! I made these yesterday, and used what I had in the house i.e. butter, soft brown sugar and maple flavoured golden syrup,and threw in some currants too. They are lush and chewy, 10 times better than any thing you'd buy at the shops.

Twinks Hobnob Convert x
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    :T :T well done for your first attempt the biscuits look great, i get about 50 from my mix, they have been done as a traybake too with nuts and seeds i think, 170o for 20 mins if i remember right

they look the right colour too though i like mine really crisp and leave in a wee bit longer, dont blame me if you put on weight eating them all :D never noticed you only got eight MrB they must be huge lol

redhotmamma havent tried maple flavoured syrup yet but runny honey is nice too, glad you enjoyed them
  • ambyuk
    ambyuk Posts: 246 Forumite
    Options
    They're in the oven just now, they smell divine!
    :money:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure