edited 25 September 2012 at 5:27PM in Old style MoneySaving
2.3K replies 457.4K views
1225226227228229231»

Replies

• NI_BOBSNI_BOBS Forumite
    76 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Forumite
    Wmf, could you please post me twinks recipe as I made them a long time ago and loved them but now cannot find it, tia x
    Hobnob Recipe

Ingredients

8oz sr flour
    8oz sugar
    8oz porridge oats
    8oz margarine
    1tbsp golden syrup
    1tbsp hot water
    1/2 tsp bic soda

Instructions

Mix the flour, oats and sugar, melt marg, syrup and water in a pan. Stir in bic soda and add to dry mix.

Then mix well and make into smallish balls which you then put on a greased tray and flatten slightly with a fork. Put in the oven at 180 degrees C for 15 mins... and cool on the tray. The aim is to get them golden in the oven not brown.

• hayleyjanemathayleyjanemat Forumite
    15 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Thank you so much NI_BOBS, and also thankyou Aprilsun for the recipe in the first place 😊.
    Ah yh I know wraithlady but there's 231 pages and on my phone I am only able to go back one page at a time and it won't let me just go to the start for some reason so that would of taken forever, there probably is a way I'm just not getting it lol 
  • cw18cw18 Forumite
    8.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    hayleyjanemat - on my laptop it tells me there are 231 pages, but on the bar under the last post which shows the page numbers (and lets you skip back) it shows a link to page 1 - and then a square with dots, and then page numbers from 225 onwards.   If I click on the box that says '1' it takes me back to the start of the thread.
    Cheryl
  • hayleyjanemathayleyjanemat Forumite
    15 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite

Cw18, If I press the three dots or the forward arrows it doesnt do anything and I haven't got number one option, I also don't know how to reply directly! 😩 Thanks tho 
  • Finchy2018Finchy2018 Forumite
    502 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    what would be a good alternative to bicarb soda - the internet says 3 x the amount of baking powder, can anyone confirm please? 
  • wmfwmf Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Just lost my post but quickly to say TWINK has posted under a new user name Aprilsun, just a few posts back. 
    Thanks twink you have no idea how many times I’ve made twinks and variations over the years. My DD now makes for her boys. X
  • wmfwmf Forumite
    2.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Finchy I don’t add bicarb or baking powder and mine are fine 
  • Finchy2018Finchy2018 Forumite
    502 Posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Debt-free and Proud!
    Forumite
    Thanks at WMF - will just omit that bit! 
  • pavlovs_dogpavlovs_dog Forumite
    10.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've been an MSEr for 15 years, and this morning I finally made my first batch of Twinks.  They are supposed to be for Fathers day, but they are disappearing very quickly in the name of quality control :lol:

know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...