PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Homemade hobnobs?

Options

Comments

• billieboy_2
    Options
    The last batch I made, I forgot to squash them down with a fork so they ended up a bit soft but DD says she likes them soft - I prefer them hard!
  • dobs
    dobs Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It depends how u like them, the first time i made 35small ones, the next batch about 21 big ons -i prefer those!

I just made a chocolate chip batch as well to try something different! I halved the mix and made some usual ones, with the other half i chucked in a load of cocoa powder plus a pack of chocolate chips, flattened them as usual then put some extra chips on top - they are gorgeous!
    grocery challenge jan 17 £ / 350.00
  • miss*whisper
    Options
    I made these last week :)
    They are scrummy!! Can't make any more yet as the cake tins are still full of muffins and scones I made last night..... but am guessing by tomorrow the gannets here will have made room for them! (gannets being OH & DD ;))
  • mother_noah
    Options
    I,ve been baking more of these today. Half coconut and cherry and half ginger. Left Mr Noah and Master Noah with the biscuit tin while I washed up and they managed to eat 8 in as many minutes.!!! .
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    coconut and cherry sound lovely and glad you like them too misswhisper and dobs
  • mother_noah
    Options
    Mr and Master Noah obviously thought so too.Made very large biscuits this time ( 32 out of mix ), so 8 was a lot to get through .
  • carriebradshaw
    Options
    Mr and Master Noah obviously thought so too.Made very large biscuits this time ( 32 out of mix ), so 8 was a lot to get through .

I like the sound of that, how much coconut & cherries did you put in mrs noah?
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options

i darent make mine as big as that i cant have a cup of tea without a biscuit lol
  • mother_noah
    Options
    About 4ozs of cherries ( I chopped them and washed and dried them before adding to mixture ) and about 2ozs of dessicated coconut .Going to make trail mix type ones next time,will let you all know how they turn out.
  • mother_noah
    Options
    When Master Noah goes to bed I will be on my own with the biscuit tin all evening ,Mr Noah is at work until eleven .I should have got him to take them with him . I can feel another two inches appearing on my hips as I type !
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback