PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Homemade hobnobs?

Options

Comments

• twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    jamanda wrote: »
    For goodness sake please let this thread go away. I NEED to make some now I've seen it, and I ought to be dieting.

go on, you know it makes sense, and just think how nice they would go with a lovely hot cup of tea, just one a day wont ruin your diet and the porage oats will make you feel full for longer lol
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    where's my hobnobs then? you havent made any in ages:rotfl: will have to make my own soon:rolleyes:
  • twink
    Options
    where's my hobnobs then? you havent made any in ages:rotfl: will have to make my own soon:rolleyes:

you make them and give your poor old mother a rest lol
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    you make them and give your poor old mother a rest lol

never:rotfl:
  • moneysavingfamilycomp
    Options
    just made my first batch of hobnobs and OMG how gorgeous are they. of course i had to take one off first tray while still warm to test mmmmmmm then also had to test one off other three trays just to make sure every lot where as nice . im sure OH will appreciate them when he gets back from his parents later (if they last that long ) thanks twink
    :coffee:i find a cup of tea can solve most problems:coffee:
    :dance: but alcohol solves them all :dance:
    basic emergency fund 387.87/500
    £1000 emergency fund #290
    mortgage 91,719= 21y 0mnth :eek:
    6 mnths exp 0/6633
  • twink
    Options
    just made my first batch of hobnobs and OMG how gorgeous are they. of course i had to take one off first tray while still warm to test mmmmmmm then also had to test one off other three trays just to make sure every lot where as nice . im sure OH will appreciate them when he gets back from his parents later (if they last that long ) thanks twink

dont feel guilty lol you need to test them first, you may need to retest when they cool down though
  • suzywoozy_3
    Options
    I haven't read the whole thread, but has anyone else made these as a tray bake. We do and it's very yummy, we usually add mixed spice to it.
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,374 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Just thought Twink and others might like to know, we had a special benefit meeting at Ipswich speedway on Thursday night - to raise funds for an ex rider of ours who was paralysed in a crash in Sweden in August. Myself and a friend decided to sell cakes and biscuits to the staff, riders and mechanics, of course a batch of hob nobs was a "must"! We also sold double chocolate muffins and iced fairy cakes, and raised a total of £65.50 - the hob nobs were the first thing to sell out too as word got around!

So thanks Twink for a superb recipe! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • jamanda
    jamanda Posts: 968 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    go on, you know it makes sense, and just think how nice they would go with a lovely hot cup of tea, just one a day wont ruin your diet and the porage oats will make you feel full for longer lol

Well I know you're not stupid! How on earth do you think I can have one a day????? Do you know how many hobnobs it takes to get to this shape?
  • twink
    Options
    suzy someone else has done the mix as a traybake, think it was 170oc for 20 mins they said
    well done essexhebridean for raising £65, a lot of hard work for a good cause and glad the hobnobs went well

Jamamda i know what you mean, i am like that with chocolates lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure