PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Homemade hobnobs?

Options

Comments

• mrbadexample
    mrbadexample Posts: 10,805 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    I was just thinking I could do with a biscuit...

I've got golden caster sugar, normal caster sugar, normal granulated sugar, demerera cane sugar & dark muscovado unrefined cane sugar. :rolleyes: Which should I use? :confused:

Can I use butter instead of margerine? :confused:
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • lizzyb1812
    lizzyb1812 Posts: 1,392 Forumite
    Options
    Mrbadexample - I've been away for a bit and was pleased to see you still here, I remember some of your (successful) culinary exploits made my sides ache from laughing.

As for the sugar - they will all do the job but will have slightly different taste results. And yes margarine or butter are fine - don't know about low fat spreads though, perhaps someone else has used these and can tell us?

Good luck

Lizzyb1812
    "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain." ~ Vivian Greene
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    lizzyb1812 wrote: »
    Mrbadexample - I've been away for a bit and was pleased to see you still here...

Ta very much. :D I have to still be here as I can't cook everything yet. :p

I'll try the demerera first then, as I've got lots and don't use it very often. ;)
    If you lend someone a tenner and never see them again, it was probably worth it.
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    Ta very much. :D I have to still be here as I can't cook everything yet. :p

I'll try the demerera first then, as I've got lots and don't use it very often. ;)

let us know how it goes then, butter will give a better flavour but i use stork marg usually cant say i have tried the demerara but should be ok, some dried ginger is nice too if you like it
  • rockie4
    rockie4 Posts: 1,264 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Made my first batch yesterday :drool: OH has demolished half of them already! He looked a bit shocked when I said they were supposed to last the week :rotfl:
    These are definitely on the 'bake again' list, Thanks Twink:T
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    I'm halving this recipe for my first go, so I need half a tablespoon of golden syrup. That doesn't seem very much! Are you sure? :D
  • twink
    Options
    I'm halving this recipe for my first go, so I need half a tablespoon of golden syrup. That doesn't seem very much! Are you sure? :D

it doesnt does it, can you not make the full amount and freeze half the biscuits, if i have tried to half anything bakingwise it never turned out right, mind and just melt the butter and no more it doesnt want to be too hot
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    it doesnt does it, can you not make the full amount and freeze half the biscuits, if i have tried to half anything bakingwise it never turned out right, mind and just melt the butter and no more it doesnt want to be too hot

It'll have to be half, or I'm making it with half butter and half clover light. :rotfl:
  • twink
    Options
    It'll have to be half, or I'm making it with half butter and half clover light. :rotfl:

oh well on your own back be it :p:D it will be ok am sure, not sure about demerara but let us know, are you doing them tonight?
  • mrbadexample
    Options
    twink wrote: »
    are you doing them tonight?

You've seen me before, haven't you? :rotfl:

These are in the oven. Do they look about right? They're quite thick.... :D

DSCN0880.jpg
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback