We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Homemade hobnobs?

1…9899101103104…231

Comments

  • Brill,:kisses: just like the real ones :T they are that good they went within 1

    hour icon14.gif
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Brill,:kisses: just like the real ones :T they are that good they went within 1

    hour icon14.gif

    thanks scottie, better not make more for a while then :D
  • carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    twink wrote: »
    18? the recipe actually say 60 but like billieboy and others i get about 50, they had gone soft likely as they were too big
    just take some mix the size of a walnut shell or slightly bigger

    i leave mine in just a bit longer to make sure they are crisp everyones ovens are different though

    I made another half batch this morning :T I only made some a couple of days ago but OH started scoffing them 6 at a time and he's a fussy devil so it's high praise from him.I'm still not sure whether to be pleased about that or not,I'm glad he likes them,but they were my secret treat :o

    Anyway I used walnut size blobs before I pressed them a bit with a fork and I got 40 out of the half mix today, pretty good I'd say :cool:
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    I made another half batch this morning :T I only made some a couple of days ago but OH started scoffing them 6 at a time and he's a fussy devil so it's high praise from him.I'm still not sure whether to be pleased about that or not,I'm glad he likes them,but they were my secret treat :o

    Anyway I used walnut size blobs before I pressed them a bit with a fork and I got 40 out of the half mix today, pretty good I'd say :cool:

    40 from half the mix thats impressive, do the whole mix next time and hide the other forty for yourself :D
  • carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    twink wrote: »
    40 from half the mix thats impressive, do the whole mix next time and hide the other forty for yourself :D

    Yes good idea twink, I'm gonna hide them in my tummy :rotfl:

    here they are,

    004.jpg
    this just a small jelly baby tin but I needed 2 tins to hold yesterdays batch
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Yes good idea twink, I'm gonna hide them in my tummy :rotfl:

    here they are,

    004.jpg
    this just a small jelly baby tin but I needed 2 tins to hold yesterdays batch


    you have made a good job of these, they look very tasty
  • carriebradshaw
    carriebradshaw Posts: 1,390 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    thanks they are :)the only difference I did was adding a couple of tablespoons of my failed homemade yoghurt to it,wonder if that helped me to get a few more maybe? Didn't alter the taste anyway :)
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    thanks they are :)the only difference I did was adding a couple of tablespoons of my failed homemade yoghurt to it,wonder if that helped me to get a few more maybe? Didn't alter the taste anyway :)

    might have done have never tried that but if it worked for you and it obviously did go for it
  • juliejay
    juliejay Posts: 70 Forumite
    We tried these at the weekend and they were nicer than the real thing. Just out of interest I added currents to some of the mix and cranberries to another bit. All turned out great and then you get a selection to choose from which makes them disappear even quicker
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,826 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    juliejay wrote: »
    We tried these at the weekend and they were nicer than the real thing. Just out of interest I added currents to some of the mix and cranberries to another bit. All turned out great and then you get a selection to choose from which makes them disappear even quicker

    great idea julie if you look back the thread you will see lots of variations, glad you liked them
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.