PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Welsh_Poppy
    Options
    I have not spent a penny yet but have to use up 2 Lidls £5 vouchers by Sunday (off £25 spend) so planning what I need for Christmas cakes and to stock pantry up .
    Weight loss challenge 66lb to go /59lb's lost

Grocery Budget January £150/£175
    Feb £150/
  • sachatith
    sachatith Posts: 222 Forumite
    Options
    I have just signed up for a the one month Asda delivery saver for £5. I did have free delivery (running out soon or maybe already has); but this required a £75 spend every time which was far too much on a regular basis; whereas i can now just get a few bits for the minimum £25 spend when needed during the month. I find Asda has alot of good deals on at the moment which i previously couldn't justify buying for a £75 shopin just one store.

So adding £5 to sig for delivery charge.

Well done - that was my intention too, purely because, as you say even Mr Ts where I get mine is £40 minimum spend so on weeks where you don't need a lot its not worth it.

Just relooked at finances and due to the b*lls up with delivery I need to change my budget. Going to be EXTREMELY tight month. Going to need to be £220.00 or near as dammit as after bills etc we only have £108.00 left for the month. (Forgot about TV licence too)

So after a positive start (which lasted all of one day) the likelihood is I will be over for the first month... :(

(trotts off to eat all nine Gu puddings in one go...:rotfl:)
    Debt Free by 2015: £5839.01/£13000 1% challenge = 44.91%
    CAMRA Member: Drinking Ale doesn't make me any less of a woman :beer:
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    I've made a list of everything in my fridge, freezer & cupboards & i've got a lot which should make it easier to get used to a low budget.

I think on monday I will buy a chicken & loads of veg and make the chicken stretch to 3 or four days with stews etc.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
  • Eternal_Sunshine_2
    Options
    I've started my month today (payday) as off work for 10 days and busy till the kids go back, £71.05 in Home Bargains smh, stocked up on cleaning stuff, bathroom stuff, snacks for school etc so £128.95 left of my £200 budget, it shouldn't be too bad as kids will be back at school and I'm off for 10 days so can do some routing around and meal planning and not going shopping for the sake of it :)
    September Grocery Challenge £144.05/£200
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,043 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    NSD here.
    Apart from walking the dog - been in today as the decorator was here again.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering - 2024 - 4,177 June - 55/3
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £64.50/£100 NSD - 105
    2024 Craft Makes - 235 Craft Spends 2024 £403.10/£500
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    [QUOTE=Eternal_Sunshine;6299311_it_shouldn't_be_too_bad_as_kids_will_be_back_at_school_and_I'm_off_for_10_days_so_can_do_some_routing_around_and_meal_planning_and_not_going_shopping_for_the_sake_of_it_:)[/QUOTE]

Oh i am so guity of that
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • Jinty85
    Jinty85 Posts: 3,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had my online shop delivered today, £49.83. Hopefully will only need to top-up bread and milk before next week. I am also going to sign up for the £5 delivery saver. I usually spend £3 a week on delivery so will save a bit this month.
  • flyinggiraffe_2
    Options
    First shop of the month is a total of £54.43. Quite chuffed as I worked out a fortnights worth of meals will come from this, with hopefully just bread, milk and fruit needing topping up next week.

I'm saving to go to Paris, so this is really spurring me on to stick to my grocery challenge figure!
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Well, big spends today as predicted, but made the most of MOC.

Ended up spending £78.50 in Mr M's after getting a £10 off £60 spend, so that came in handy. Got LOADS of packed lunch stuff that was on for £1 with decent fridge dates on (Frubes, Cheesestrings ect). Also got enough marg for the month and to bake with as the huge tubs of I Can't Believe Its Not Butter was on for just £1.37 which I thought was a bargain. Filled up on tins, fridge stuff, some bits for freezer and lots of juice. Oh and a jar of coffee. Lots of offerd basically. Actually got quite a bit of fruit and veg too.

I then also spent £51.88 in Mr T's, but after I deduct 2 dvds i picked up for someone and my £6 MOC (dvds helped push me over £40 spend ;) ) that brings that total down to £26.88. This included meat (never made it to meat factory), pastas, biscuits, cereal and a few other tins. Oh, and a bag of peanut M&Ms ;)

So that brings todays total to £105.38p but that had got me LOADS of stuff and lots of store staples to make stuff like spag bol, lasange, mince and dumplings, cottage pie ect.

CP xx
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
  • CountingPennies
    Options
    Actually scrap the above post. Forgot at Mr M's I also picked up some christmas gifts (1 direction stuff in sale) so I can deduct more making its a total Mr M's spend of just £67.12p bringing my total down to exactly £94.00! :D
    Slimming World Challenge 2017 0/30.5lb

Grocery challenge 2017 JAN: £5.56/£350
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills