PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,011 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shouldn't need to shop tomorrow. Next thing I will need to buy is milk.
    We had HM Wedges + Smoked River Cobbler + HM Garlic Coleslaw for dinner.

[IMG][/img]Thursdaysdinner_zpsba0c76eb.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 132/190
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £23.52/£100 NSD - 96
    2024 Craft Makes - 229 Craft Spends 2024 £344.41/£500
  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Evening all :)

Didn't manage to do any online shopping this evening, but spent almost £9 at the chemist instead on Migraleve and other various treatments for a killer migrane.
    I rarely get them now, probably a few times a year -used to get them every month or 2, so an improvement, but i think it is part of a bug thats going around.
    I have been nauseous all week and had to pull over in a lay by on the way to work on Monday and today to vomit (sorry, TMI).
    Am dosed up on various meds now though, so feeling more human. Was considering taking a day off work tomorrow, but can't really afford to do that.

BUT that means i'll have to do the online shop tomorrow instead.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you are going to do sept as a pre challenge why not just keep your receipts and then judge your budget to be ,that way if you know what i mean

Yes I shall keep all my receipts but I'm also going to try and stay out of the shops as much as possible and just stick with my home delivery shops. I might even try to stockpile my cupboards this weekend - my freezer is surprisingly quite organised still... although my fridge was in a mess last weekend and stuff got forgotten about :doh:
  • OnwardAndUpward81
    Options
    Started my prep for the challenge today. I went into the shop and stuck to my list but had to keep going back and forth because things kept dropping in my basket, lol. On a positive note, OH and I usually spend £200 a month and waitrose, just did our weekly shop at lidl and asda for under £20, whoopee!
  • aliwali
    aliwali Posts: 407 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, not been on here for ages but think I need to work on food budget again! Can you please put me down for £320 for September
    Fashion on a ration 0 of 66
  • Downsizing__for_sanity
    Options
    Please could you put me down for

£200 for Sep ?

I usually try to follow the Challenge each month, but I could do with kind of resetting and tracking exactly what we spend again for another month. This is for 2 adults and 2 children and all toiletries, cleaning supplies etc. we don't have a lot of meat in, but we don't eat tons of it as a rule,and I'd like to get to the bottom of the freezer for the start of Oct.

Already spent about £40 today in Ald! with my voucher and just over £10 in Super Drug with a 10% off voucher so will add this to my signature in the morning. Thanks to all who keep us organised and good luck everyone.

Ellie

DFS
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    she_who_can_not_cook Posts: 650 Forumite
    edited 30 August 2013 at 7:50PM
    Options
    WantToBeSE wrote: »
    Evening all :)

Didn't manage to do any online shopping this evening, but spent almost £9 at the chemist instead on Migraleve and other various treatments for a killer migrane.
    I rarely get them now, probably a few times a year -used to get them every month or 2, so an improvement, but i think it is part of a bug thats going around.
    I have been nauseous all week and had to pull over in a lay by on the way to work on Monday and today to vomit (sorry, TMI).
    Am dosed up on various meds now though, so feeling more human. Was considering taking a day off work tomorrow, but can't really afford to do that.

BUT that means i'll have to do the online shop tomorrow instead.
    Hope you are better soon
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • katiegirl
    Options
    Its been ages since I last took part in the grocery challenge but money is a bit tighter at the moment so I need to reign it in a bit.

I'm aiming for £120 starting tomorrow, ending 27th September. That's for me and 10yo dd.

I'm going to do a stock take tomorrow, meal plan for the next week or so then go to Aldi.
    September Grocery Challenge [STRIKE]£160[/STRIKE] £78.62
    Getting back in control :eek:
    Debt £8,978.85
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've taken steak I didn't realise I had out of the freezer so will make a chilli with that which will also (helpfully) use up the stock of veg etc I have in my fridge :T Then its to meal plan properly. I think its going to be fajitas on sunday night (plenty of chicken in the freezer for some reason?) and then reheated chilli Monday eve (simple re-heat = lovely tea) :beer:

I really must grin and bear it and itemise my cupboard contents..... this in the long term will make things so much easier !
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all

Please can I go down for £450 for September? Many thanks, and after so many people did so well last month (and we overspent massively!) I HAVE to stick to this, especially as I tend to start Christmas planning/spending in September, so need the cash available.

Today will be mostly doing a food stock take, menu planning and NOT shopping! :rotfl:

A xo
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business