PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• AimingForBetter
    Options
    Hello

Keeping it simple as I'm sticking with £200 for September.

Will be doing more planning, baking, batches and using what we have in stock so only shop for the absolute necessary for the next couple of months to try to get back on track after the terrible August overspend.

Thanks all.

AFB
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,968 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Spend of £1.56 on Super Six bits before they change.
    For dinner we had HM wedges + HM Chicken Pie with salad - lettuce, red onion, spring onions, yellow pepper, cucumber, tomato dressed with white wine vinegar.
    Wednesdaysdinner_zpse41386ed.jpg
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3129 May - 42/28
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £20.09/£100 NSD - 85
    2024 Craft Makes - 213 Craft Spends 2024 £312.42/£500
  • CherryPie
    CherryPie Posts: 429 Forumite
    Options
    Gosh, at this rate it'll be C****tmas before we know it!! September already!!

Put me down for £110 pretty please, £10 less than last month but I'm confident I can do it!

Planning on making lots of Xmas pressies this year, homemade biscuits, chutneys etc. And I've a yearning to do something creative. Anyone do quilting? I wouldn't know where to start, but I've seen some lovely homemade ones so I reckon I could give it a go. Just need to find a cheap, or free sewing machine to get me started!!

Good luck everyone!

:beer:
    My name is CherryPie and I'm addicted to grocery shopping!!

Grocery Challenge

Feb 2016 - £46.73 / £100.00
  • DollyBongo
    Options
    £280 for September please.

Hope everyone had a lovely summer xx
    DollyBongo
    March GC - £336.75/£300 oops! April GC - £370.83/£300 bigger oops!
    May GC - £237.82/£280. June GC - £277.38/£280. July GC - less said about that the better!!. Aug GC - £216.99/£200

*In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me lay an invincible summer*
  • Jinty85
    Jinty85 Posts: 3,669 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    First day of the GC for me today. I need to clean out my fridge and check my cupboards to see what I already have. I need to write a meal plan and then do an online shop which will arrive tomorrow. I am usually quite good at planning dinners but I also need to plan lunches, especially for DH as he ends up buying lunch because we have nothing in for him to take to work.
    I will probably spend a few pounds at the shop today as we need more bread and butter.

My budget for the month will look like this:

£80 for meat and eggs from the butcher
    £20 to stock up on spices, dried beans, etc
    £40 for extras like bread and milk
    £200 (£50/week) for sm shop
  • Pandora_2
    Pandora_2 Posts: 258 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2013 at 10:07AM
    Options
    Hi, can I join in with this challenge please?

Although I usually try to live as cheaply as possible, recently my spending has spiraled out of control again. :( To make matters worse, the interest free part of my overdraft is being reduced to £500 TOMORROW and I'm nearly £1000 overdrawn meaning I'll start getting charged interest!!! :eek:

So, time to reign in my spending as much as possible and although I haven't been on the forums for years, they were a massive help when I first started to sort my finances out, so fingers crossed I'll find the help and motivation I need once again. I guess I wasn't doing quite as well on my own as I thought I was. :o

I have to start things on a Monday, so I'll be starting this challenge on 2nd Sept, and as there are 4 weeks I will be budgeting to £15 per week (£60 total) This is just for me and will cover all food, cleaning products and toiletries - luckily I have plenty already stockpiled from my recent spending sprees!! :o

I'm looking forward to getting to know you all and I hope I can contribute some good ideas/hints/tips etc!! :)
    :ADFW Nerd 145:A
    LBM - June 2006 - DEBTS - £19,261.08 :eek:
    Nov 2017 - £10,644.92!!
    Debt free date - 13/08/2022 - the day before I turn 40!!!!! :beer:
    Grocery Challenge - Dec 2017 £30.63/£150
  • Maitane
    Maitane Posts: 360 Forumite
    Options
    The new Super Six looks a lot better for meal planning purposes.

Mixed peppers, sweet potatoes, mild onions, figs, funsize pears and kiwis. All 69p, at least for England and Wales including the People's Republic.

I have a few ideas but I'm looking forward to seeing what Butterfly Brain comes up with [STRIKE]for me to shamelessly rip off[/STRIKE]to be inspired by.
    "We always find something, hey Didi, to give us the impression we exist?" Samuel Beckett, Waiting for Godot.
    DFW Club number 1212 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • why_not_2
    why_not_2 Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    First spend of the month yesterday 2.60 on milk from the local shop

Total stands at 2.60/300

Month runs from 28th August to 28th September
    December 2014 GC 71.59/300
  • dramarama
    dramarama Posts: 190 Forumite
    edited 29 August 2013 at 11:02AM
    Options
    Can I join please?! I'm hoping to spend £140 for the month of September on food. That includes food/cleaning products for me, OH and our cat!
    I've loved reading the August GC and I'm looking forward to joining in. :)
    Married in 2016. Bought our first home in 2017. Expecting our first baby in November 2017
    :):):)
    Frugal & thrifty as much as possible.
    ;)
  • CH27
    CH27 Posts: 5,531 Forumite
    Options
    Maitane wrote: »
    The new Super Six looks a lot better for meal planning purposes.

Mixed peppers, sweet potatoes, mild onions, figs, funsize pears and kiwis. All 69p, at least for England and Wales including the People's Republic.

I have a few ideas but I'm looking forward to seeing what Butterfly Brain comes up with [STRIKE]for me to shamelessly rip off[/STRIKE]to be inspired by.

Oh good. I like to stew them & freeze them ready to make crumbles.
    Try to be a rainbow in someone's cloud.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport