PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

September 2013 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• cheerfulness4
    cheerfulness4 Posts: 2,874 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    XSpender wrote: »
    I use one of those books too!:rotfl: It keeps all my money and planning in one place:)

Aren't they brilliant. I get pathetically excited deciding my sections and what planning will go in each. :rotfl:

I've got a Veg/herbs/flower Gardening section and one for Spring/Autumn Cleaning. I also have one for keeping clippings of house ideas for doing up charity shop finds and revamping or crafting.

Had my first spend of the month on a Takeaway treat last night and a sweet shop treat today. :shhh: (£13.15):whistle:

There'll be no more of that behaviour this month. :naughty:

Autumn cleaning about to start so that'll keep me out of temptations way. :D
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,030 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Been to see Doctor about the weight loss - got to have blood test.
    Called in at Ald. - got 2 of the new SS - pears + kiwis - spent £1.38.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering - 2024 - 3,129 May - 180/435
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £52.50/£100 NSD - 101
    2024 Craft Makes - 235 Craft Spends 2024 £363.16/£500
  • Coxy11
    Coxy11 Posts: 4,922 Forumite
    Homepage Hero Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all,

My laptop is poorly so have only just been able to get online via the eye pad.

Budgets done to here :)

Welcome/welcome back to:
    Eternal Sunshine, downshifted, acl2009, MissRikkiC, nimbo, islandhoppa, msgnomey, strawberry laces, smokies, KatyReed+5, nannygladys, dramarama, Pandora, Sachatith, PoorMummy, chickadee, Miss Debt, Kylie_smiley, Josslette and CH27 :D

Good luck everyone
    Coxy
    Cross-stitch WIP: HSC Winter Panel 365 1p challenge member No.6 Read 24 books in 2024 - currently reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert 14/24
  • MissRikkiC
    MissRikkiC Posts: 1,236 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone- hope youve all day a good day - and if not...its FRIDAY tomorrow!!

Just checking in really- the chicken disaster ended up not so bad after all as i figured it was kept very cold and so id be okay. That said i havent ate it yet ! I asked the OH to make a sandwich today and try it, that way i'd know if it was bad by tonight when he gets home! :rotfl:
    But instead its for dinner. If i dont post ever again - Ive probably died :rotfl:

Decided to stop at Mr Ms today and bought more reduced stuff, however pretty gutted as when i got the drumsticks home and bagged them in to meal size portions, they smelt awful :( Not sure if its because theyre on their last day today but i googled it and decided against keeping them.

Im having a bad week with chicken!! :(

Anyways - totting up what i got (reluctantly including the drumsticks) i have another £17.02 to add to the signature however i think thats it now for a few weeks... i hope!!

Looking forward to hearing from everyone now were almost out of August..

RC
    Here i am again.... Older but not any wiser!

My Debt Free Diary - https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/6275380/pay-for-the-future-and-not-the-past#latest
  • she_who_can_not_cook
    Options
    Florenceem wrote: »
    Been to see Doctor about the weight loss - got to have blood test.
    Called in at Ald. - got 2 of the new SS - pears + kiwis - spent £1.38.

All the best, i went for a blood test to see if i was going thru the hmmm change:o.i was not loosing weigh, a bit down ect a few other things. It had been 5 years before i had seen the dr. Haha. When the results got back i had to phone the dr, said the recp so i was so getting worried when the dr phoned me back i was shaking. He said they are ok bar the fact that your oestrogen level is 2752, he paused so i said is that good...... hmm not really . So at 44 i am the worlds oldest teenager going thru pubety again i think .
    Gc 2013 +26 -5. -4 -7 -14 -15 -10.-8.20 +15p+30+5.80 Dec +9 GROCERY challenge 2014 Jan -2Feb -3 March -1.50 April +5.40 May +4.90 June -3.July 16.50/85

God bless my sweet "old man" Goldie that died in the early hours of 27 th March please see him on my avatar
  • Josslette
    Josslette Posts: 554 Forumite
    Options
    Resisted the supermarkets and even home bargains! NSD number one, yay!
    September Grocery Challenge £0/£225
  • Josie73
    Options
    Evening all, I'm not officially starting until next Friday but I have a £5 off an Aldi shop when you spend £40. I'm going to do a shop at the weekend & transfer the money back when I get paid next week. I have kept my last few receipts so will hopefully be able to make a list so I don't spend more than £40.
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I was really looking forward to sweet and sour chicken tonight but when I got the jar out of the cupboard I was surprised to see it was from Mr M. We haven't shopped there in a long time so I wasn't suprised it was a year out of date:eek: This wouldn't have bothered me but it was a funny consistency and didn't taste great when I tasted it so ended up in the bin :(

I have also chucked six tiny spuds, the end of the bag, that were more sprouty than potatoey so I am not doing well on reducing my waste today:(

We ended up having sausages, HM wedges and beans for tea and finishing last nights ginger and apple crumble. My DH does not have a sweet tooth usually but is really fancying sweet things at the moment so I need to find some new puddings to make. I am going to try the lemon puddings off a girl called jacks blog and make an Eve's pudding this weekend/next week as I still have 3 dodgy eating apples to use up.

I have rejigged my meal plan for next week and am going to try making BBQ chicken in the slow cooker on Saturday night. I have had a NSD today and will do my weekly shop tomorrow across £land and mr t. I don't need much really after my very big shop last week.:)
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
  • lizalloareds
    lizalloareds Posts: 1,838 Forumite
    Options
    Can you put me down for £375 for Sept please this is for 30th Aug - 4th Oct
    September GC 30th aug-4th Oct £332.74/£375 NSD 3
    Gc Jan £234.85/200 :(Feb £298.92/280:(March £298.42/£280:( April £270.49/280:) May Gc £351.08/£350 June £300.06/280 July £256.15/£240
    Aug £318.74/£280
  • acl2009
    acl2009 Posts: 103 Forumite
    Options
    Josie73 wrote: »
    Evening all, I'm not officially starting until next Friday but I have a £5 off an Aldi shop when you spend £40. I'm going to do a shop at the weekend & transfer the money back when I get paid next week. I have kept my last few receipts so will hopefully be able to make a list so I don't spend more than £40.

I went and got the newspaper specifically to get that voucher :) I didn't read Martins email until today so glad I saw it. I've cut it out and it's in my separate food shopping purse ready to use on Monday when I do my food shop.
    MFW £190,450/£141,140
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family