Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Charles2988
    Options
    The sofa is on finance has not started yet because we are not in our home. Would this affect my mortgage completion and do halifax do another credit check? Can anyone help me out please
  • Cat_Mum
    Cat_Mum Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    We had an offer accepted on a house on 13th jan and have had our mortgage approved subject to valuation. There's where the problems have started. A full structural survey or structural engineer's report was requested. This has been done. Now a drains report has been requested! Our chain want to exchange in 2 weeks (less than 6 weeks since our offer was accepted!).
  • LydiaTheKind
    Options
    Hello everyone - can I join in the fun?

First time buyer here.
    Timeline:
    Offer accepted 29th January.
    Mortgage application put in via broker on 30th January.
    First mortgage declined on valuation. 2 bed flat is part of a local authority housing building, so the lenders will not consider lending on the property AT ALL! Decided to try another mortgage company which has a history of being more flexible with the properties they will lend on (says mortgage advisor...). Valuation booked for the 20th. If this bank declines, it’ll be back to the viewings for me :(
    :T Hopeful first time buyer in 2019 :T
    Currently reading: Mythos by Steven Fry
  • Guerillatoker
    Options
    Just hit the down valuation speed bump, might send my purchase careering off the road. My Homebuyers Report over valued it, so I'm pretty upset.
  • mihaicraciunph
    Options
    17/01/19: Applied today with Nationwide via L&C.

Very lovely person on the phone, said she's done the affordability and it seemed ok and she's passed everything onto nationwide.

She only asked me and my partner for last month's payslips only though, which I found odd, but she did say if they do ask for more it's likely to be last 3 payslips / bank statements, so have them prepared and if they need it she'll ask for them.

Got the offer today!

So hopefully the solicitors move quickly now! Want to move into my first home
  • katherz44
    Options
    I'd like to join in too please...

Firstly congratulations to everyone who had received their official offers! :)

Our timeline is:
    Friday 1st Feb
    House viewing
    Mon 4th Feb
    AIP with Meridian Mortgages
    Sat 8th Feb
    Reserved plot (completion due May 2019)
    Monday 10th Feb
    Application submitted to Help to Buy
    Fri 15th Feb
    Full Application Submitted to Halifax via Meridian Mortgages. Advisor showed us that it's accepted but now onto the valuation stage.
  • mihaicraciunph
    Options
    katherz44 wrote: »
    I'd like to join in too please...

Firstly congratulations to everyone who had received their official offers! :)

Our timeline is:
    Friday 1st Feb
    House viewing
    Mon 4th Feb
    AIP with Meridian Mortgages
    Sat 8th Feb
    Reserved plot (completion due May 2019)
    Monday 10th Feb
    Application submitted to Help to Buy
    Fri 15th Feb
    Full Application Submitted to Halifax via Meridian Mortgages. Advisor showed us that it's accepted but now onto the valuation stage.

Make sure you chase it up. I had to chase mine up as the broker I think have the wrong contact number for the seller and they couldn’t book the valuation until I rang nationwide direct and told them- 3 days from when I rang them to offer.
  • katherz44
    Options
    @mihaicraciunph Thank you! This weekend has felt like the longest weekend in history!
    The sales office for our development is only open Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday so I'm wondering if the valuation is booked via the developers sales office or their head office?!

I'll try to be patient and not start chasing this early in the process, especially seeing as our mortgage application only went in very late on Friday evening ��
  • James91
    Options
    Hi everyone

Had an approval in principle accepted with Coventry building society , hard credit search done at the AIP stage , full application completed along with monthly payments and interest charges , just waiting for it to come through so we can sign and send it back , they have only asked for last pay slip , last p60 , proof of identification and proof of address .

Does this mean they only need to check income and confirm we are who we say we are ?

Thanks in advance
  • Viki2410
    Viki2410 Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thought I would add my timeline below:

23/09/18 - Viewed Plot/Plans
    28/09/18 - DIP Received
    30/09/18 - Reservation (New Build)
    7/12/18 - H2B Application Submitted
    12/12/18 - H2B Application Resubmitted due to incorrect sums
    17/12/18 - H2B AIP Received
    10/01/19 - Paid Solicitors to start searches to show willing as did not want to exchange contracts until March (agreed with Persimmon)
    14/02/19 - Received call from Solicitors to say searches have not been done and Solicitor we have been communicating with is actually not looking after our account since December...
    14/02/19 - New DIP with Aldermore
    15/02/19 - Full Application sent in to Aldermore
    15/02/19 - Hard Searches done
    18/02/19 - Sent back Signed Declaration and Direct Debit Form and answered questions about outgoings (all happy with that)
    18/02/19 - New Solicitors instructed
    21/02/19 - Valuation Booked

Annoyingly we're 4 weeks behind where we should be due to the original solicitors not doing what they were paid to do and having to instruct new solicitors. But Aldermore are moving pretty quickly and were lucky that the broker is keeping us updated. I guess next week we will be looking at an update sometime, fingers crossed!
    July Total - £9,120.95
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure