Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• ks15
    ks15 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Currently waiting for a decision from Barclays:

09/05 Offer accepted on a 1 bed with Help to Buy
    16/05 Full application submitted (found out this morning hard search was done on this day which is great!)
    17/05 Barclays want additional info like proof of deposit, held up slightly as awaiting 2018/19 LISA bonus
    18/05 Help to Buy Application submitted
    24/05 HTB come back to say error on on Sales Memorandum so needed to get that fixed, resubmitted on Friday (I hope, mortgage advisor slightly annoying and slow)
    25/05 Alert email from Barclays that they have requested the valuation

Until this morning I had no idea if the credit check had been done - I was really nervous about it not going through or something but checked my report and it was done on the say of application and they wouldn't be bothering with the valuation if I hadn't passed that so feeling a lot more confident about the process!

Hopefully get the offer within the next week or so!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    We have applied for a shared ownership mortgage with Leeds bs.

02/05/18 DIP
    16/05/18 broker sent all documents to Leeds.
    18/05/18 I can see a credit check has been done by leeds.
    22/05/18 Ring Leeds as our broker isn't replying to emails and I was stressing after reading how long Leeds take and what a pain they can be and Leeds said it's been to the underwriter and everything's been ticked off? and a valuation had been instructed for 26/05/18 (Friday just gone)

We have been told we should know by next Friday.

If it's been to the underwriter and everything has been ticked off and they instructed the valuation I'm hoping it's going to work out ok.
  • MisalignedHalo1971
    Options
    Mrsbase
    We had our mortgage offer on the 17th May and have still not received the written format.
    Once again the worry and stress is kicking in:(
  • Chanlf91
    Chanlf91 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Well exactly 5 weeks from mortgage application we've actually got somewhere.

Updates in bold

20/4/18 offer accepted
    24/4/18 mortgage application submitted to Aldermore
    27/4/18 more documents requested
    8/5/18 valuation complete
    15/5/18 more documents requested to back up document sent on 27/4/18
    24/5/18 1.00pm MA called, underwriter is questioning partners income as his profit has doubled (self employed) expect a call from underwriter. 4.00pm called for underwriter but he's gone home early :wall:

25/5/18 1.pm underwriter called asking for 17/18 SA100 sent off straight away. 4pm underwriter called asking for 16/17 SA100

*pause for long BH weekend*

29/5/18 12.30pm underwriter calls saying documents satisfactory and has gone for a final decision but is being pushed to top of list for an answer today. 2pm we get our mortgage offer! :j

Spoke to solicitor for update. They're waiting on 1 search coming back and 1 enquiry and mortgage offer and then got to sign contracts!

Good luck to everyone waiting for an offer!
  • System
    Options
    Does anyone know if your mortgage broker finds out of offer or rejection before you get it in the post from the lender?

Thanks.
  • Chanlf91
    Chanlf91 Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    BeckyH From my understanding yes they do. They have a portal where they can check for updates.

We spoke to the underwriter direct who told us about our offer, then he contacted our broker. Now we're just waiting for our formal offer being posted to us.
  • System
    Options
    Chanlf91 thanks.
    We got our mortgage offer in the post today so I'm over the moon.
  • System
    Options
    Chanlf91 good to see you've had your offer too.
  • Jeden
    Jeden Posts: 69 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    @Chanlf -

Finally! I bet you're relieved its finally done!.

I've been checking this thread to see how you've got on. Really pleased for you. We have exchanged now and will be completing in August when the house is built.
  • dozzer
    dozzer Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi il add myself to the list of those waiting on a decision,

I was hoping to hear back today as the final checks were being made yesterday but instead I was told they are still being done as there has been an internal task raised (whatever this means) so my broker will get back to me once they know if the offer has been issued.

My brain hurts trying to think what the hold up may me and now I'm a bit worried.

Hope I hear back asap
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure