Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• TamsinC
    TamsinC Posts: 625 Forumite
    Options
    valuation instructed today (should be this week), direct debit signed, lender has 'satisfied' most documents and just needs to look at pension provision for older age, and then the valuation and then hopefully the offer - fingers crossed it doesn't take too long.
    “Isn't this enough? Just this world? Just this beautiful, complex
    Wonderfully unfathomable, natural world” Tim Minchin
  • Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc
    Former_E.ON_Company_Representative:_Malc Posts: 6,558 Organisation Representative
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Pegasaurus wrote: »
    Switched away from EON in April 17 and they took 4 months to issue a final bill which I was 3 days late paying. My bad on that, but the sods have lumbered me with 4 months of arrears in July 17. Complaint in with ombudsman but won't be resolved in time for remortgage.

Painful.

Hello Pegasaurus and I'm sorry it took a long time to sort out your final bill.

With a change of supplier, it's the new supplier that drives the switch. They're responsible for sending the old supplier the meter readings they open their account to. The old supplier uses the same readings to close their account. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. The readings go through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property. Sometimes, the Data Collector will make a change and both suppliers need to use the same amended readings to open/close their accounts.

I have to say, though, 4 months seems a long time to receive readings. Was there a dispute? These can happen where the respective opening/closing readings don't match or if the Data Collector changes the readings. They're usually resolved using an industry wide procedure called an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD). This is where the two suppliers re-agree the opening/closing readings and re-submit them.

Another delay could be if the new supplier hasn't signed up to Faster Switching. Most have but there are exceptions. If they have, switches go through in about two and half weeks. If not, it could be 5 to 6 weeks.

Once we have the correct readings from the new supplier, we look to have the final bill issued within 35 days. Customers are given 44 days to pay bills before anything is shared with a credit agency. As you paid this quickly, you're right to take this down the complaints route and refer to the Energy Ombudsman as you're unhappy with our explanation.

Sorry again the switch didn't go smoothly Pegasaurus and the final bill was delayed.

Malc
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of E.ON. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • RubyHouse
    RubyHouse Posts: 60 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    RubyHouse wrote: »
    Also waiting eagerly to hear from Virgin. Our house is chain free and we are FTB so want to move quickly.

15th May DIP with Virgin Money
    18th May Full Application To Virgin Money
    22nd May Valuation Fees taken from account
    23rd May Found an incorrect default on my account with Experian from HSBC in 2013 !!!8211; had a total panic but was reassured from broker that we had both passed credit checks.
    Just waiting on confirmation of the survey date.

We are staying with my partners Mother whilst we wait for the sale to close so praying nothing bad happens !!!8211; although our dog is loving life there.

UPDATE - Survey and valuation booked for 4th June - just over 4 weeks from offer being accepted.

Received confirmation today from our broker that Virgin have issued our offer and it will be in the post today. Our broker is having a final check over to make sure the terms etc are okay.

What is an acceptable time to propose completion dates? The house is empty and contracts are with our solicitor waiting to be signed - should i suggest the 15th June?
  • DeeDee87
    DeeDee87 Posts: 17 Forumite
    edited 5 June 2018 at 2:36PM
    Options
    Well I think I left it a bit too late to join in on this thread!

I honestly thought it would take longer to get our mortgage as FTB's.
    Here is our timeline if anyone is waiting on HSBC to approve :)

22/05/18 - Vendor accepts offer
    29/05/18 -DIP placed by broker
    30/0518 - DIP accepted by HSBC
    30/05/18 - (Late afternoon) mortgage application submitted to HSBC...
    2/6/18 - application passed to underwriters.
    5/6/18 - Confirmed by broker that HSBC have approved the application subject to the
    valuation :)

YAY!

I wish you all speedy decisions if you are waiting :)
  • crosejames
    Options
    We've now received the offer text from Nationwide! Need to wait to see the full offer and conditions before we can get too excited, but the text confirmation is a huge relief!
    crosejames wrote: »
    Partner and I first time buyers currently waiting on a mortgage decision from Nationwide. He's outwardly very relaxed whereas I'm freaking out, struggling to sleep and can only just concentrate at work. I've been reading this forum a lot and finding it so helpful to read other people's experiences. Our timeline so far (below) isn't outside of our lender's averages, but I can't stand the waiting.

Our timeline so far:

mid-March - told the flat we currently rent is being sold, letting agent can't say if we'll be allowed to stay under the new owner
    31/3 - initial conversation with L&C to check affordability, how much we'd be able to borrow etc, receive their decision in principle (not official DIP from a lender, and not based on a credit check)
    April - lots of house hunting
    9/5 - offer accepted on house we love, another conversation with L&C to let them know. L&C very reassuring about our chances as the price we're paying is approx. 40k less than we could afford to borrow
    10/5 - receive mortgage recommendation from L&C
    14/5 - receive AIP from Nationwide, submit full application and provide payslips. Nationwide text to say application received
    15/5 - Nationwide text to say valuation scheduled
    16/5 - Nationwide ask, via broker, for proof of our deposit
    22/5 - Nationwide ask for an additional payslip (my partner gets an annual bonus, they want proof of its consistency)
    23/5 - text from Nationwide to confirm valuation has taken place, they state 48 hour review period
    25/5 - chase broker to see if any news, they confirm Nationwide is happy with the property value and that they will get in touch when they have more news
    31/5 - chase broker for an update, they say Nationwide want partners Jan 2017 payslip as proof of bonus. We provided this already on the 22nd, but send again. Broker says we don't need the bonus in our affordability assessment so he's had this requirement waived. Says nationwide working through a backlog and nothing to be worried about.

The wait continues....
  • Pegasaurus
    Pegasaurus Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Pegasaurus and I'm sorry it took a long time to sort out your final bill.

With a change of supplier, it's the new supplier that drives the switch. They're responsible for sending the old supplier the meter readings they open their account to. The old supplier uses the same readings to close their account. This stops the same energy from being charged twice. The readings go through a third party (Data Collector) who checks they're in line with past readings held for the property. Sometimes, the Data Collector will make a change and both suppliers need to use the same amended readings to open/close their accounts.

I have to say, though, 4 months seems a long time to receive readings. Was there a dispute? These can happen where the respective opening/closing readings don't match or if the Data Collector changes the readings. They're usually resolved using an industry wide procedure called an Agreed Reads Dispute (ARD). This is where the two suppliers re-agree the opening/closing readings and re-submit them.

Another delay could be if the new supplier hasn't signed up to Faster Switching. Most have but there are exceptions. If they have, switches go through in about two and half weeks. If not, it could be 5 to 6 weeks.

Once we have the correct readings from the new supplier, we look to have the final bill issued within 35 days. Customers are given 44 days to pay bills before anything is shared with a credit agency. As you paid this quickly, you're right to take this down the complaints route and refer to the Energy Ombudsman as you're unhappy with our explanation.

Sorry again the switch didn't go smoothly Pegasaurus and the final bill was delayed.

Malc

Hi Malc,

No - there was no dispute. Also, I was given 14 days to pay the final bill not 44. EON customer services acknowledged it was really unfortunate but coudn't change credit file. Hence the ombudsman.

Thanks.
  • Pegasaurus
    Pegasaurus Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Pegasaurus wrote: »
    Hi Malc,

No - there was no dispute. Also, I was given 14 days to pay the final bill not 44. EON customer services acknowledged it was really unfortunate but coudn't change credit file. Hence the ombudsman.

Thanks.

Ah, sorry. Correction - it was 44 days before it was sent to CRA but that didn't acknowledge that I'd been waiting on a reply from EON re: a payment query (with two chases) in that time.
  • EMCS
    EMCS Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    EMCS wrote: »
    First time buyer.
    Still awaiting H2B authority to proceed (should be Monday latest) but broker has pushed on regardless and started the application proper with Nationwide.

Valuation scheduled for May 25th.

May 16 - broker submitted application
    May 17 - valuation scheduled
    May 25 - valuation
    May 29 - valuation approved
    May 29 - Nationwide queried a payslip (because it was in a different format due to the new financial year)
    May 30 - broker sent information about payslip
    June 5 - offer received
    First-time buyer, muddling through
  • KingMob
    KingMob Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone had recent experience with Danske Bank? FTB struggling to get a feel for milestones and how long process might take.

Early April - Placed initial offer - recently asked if minded waiting till Oct for vendor to decide if they were moving or not!

24th May - Offer placed and accepted on another property. No chain, vendor moving to new build early July.
    30th May - Another appointment with adviser. Documents provided. Mortgage application made.
    1st June - Solicitor quotes obtained and one instructed.
    4th June - AIP obtained, request for current payslip and payment details for valuation.
    5th June - Solicitor info packet received in post, filled in and returned.
    6th June - Full application expected today.

Assume getting valuation booked is the next milestone. Not clear to me if Danske will contact me directly or if all comms will go via adviser.
  • crosejames
    Options
    Full offer received via email and all looks fine. :beer:

That means from full application to offer, it's been 15 working days. It's been such a comfort reading other people's experiences and timelines, thank you!
    crosejames wrote: »
    We've now received the offer text from Nationwide! Need to wait to see the full offer and conditions before we can get too excited, but the text confirmation is a huge relief!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback