Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• BabyDaisy15
    BabyDaisy15 Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    dpowell3 wrote: »
    18/05/2018 - Application submitted with NatWest
    21/05/2018 - Valuation fee taken from my account
    22/05/2018 - L&G called for sellers phone number to arrange valuation
    22/05/2018 - Seller text me to say valuation is booked for tomorrow
    23/05/2018 - Valuation Done
    25/05/2018 - Lender said they would only lend 85% (95% needed)
    26/05/2018 - Further payslips sent to lender
    31/05/2018 - Offer Accepted!

Time for the legal work :) thanks all this board really helped to ease the stress...wishing you all the best of luck!!

Congrats! So pleased for you. The worst is out of the way!
  • Lonire
    Lonire Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Was hopeful offer letter would be in the post today.. unfortunately it wasn’t boo!

Hopefully I get it Monday :))
  • Mrsbase
    Mrsbase Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    We finally received our mortgage offer!!! Yay!!

Little miffed though as nationwide have put a clause to pay off credit cards, one (the big one with £3750) has already been paid and proof sent to them, the other is mine which currently has £300 on it as it!!!8217;s out spender card, a club card credit card we use to gain more club card points etc! We clear it at the end of every month!
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Yes and all you are expected to do is carry on clearing it at the end of every month.

You are not being told never to use it/them again.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • Nikkilevel27
    Nikkilevel27 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all.

We are in the process of buying our next and hopefully forever home.

We've sold our flat with the new owners entry date of 11th July.

We found a house we loved in the area we wanted and put in an offer.

30 may: offer accepted on house
    31 may: realised my DIP expired the day before and had to reapply with Yorkshire Building Society.
    1 june: DIP approved. Took 24 hours despite being told it would be no longer than 4. Full mortgage application then completed.
    2 june: receive email from Yorkshire Building Society to inform me application has been received but will take upto 3 working days to be reviewed.

Really nervous. Hope things can move quickly!! We requested date of entry to new property on 11th July, same day as we have to be out of our flat, but not sure things will move along so quickly!

YBS haven't even requested any documents yet. Apparently someone will get in touch once application has been reviewed to send them. Would have liked to have sent them along with the application to save time.

One question though. I have only just realised that my partners address on wage slips is his previous address! I could kill him. Would this complicate things? All other documents and electoral role are registered at our current address.

I'm trying not to think about it, but so nervous! Really wouldn't like to lose this property.

Anyone had any experience with YBS? Thanks!!
  • Lau7889
    Options
    Got my nationwide mortgage offer text!! So relieved!!
  • lastbigspender
    Options
    Lau7889 wrote: »
    Got my nationwide mortgage offer text!! So relieved!!

Lau7889 how long did it take from valuation to offer??

I have had a mortgage approved in principle pending valuation which took place last Wednesday 30th May. No text since last Wednesday morning to advise valuation to take place????

I was reading it should be a 48 hrs turn around time, they are not waiting on any documents as they asked for further documents at application stage which have been submitted.

Should I call them, if so what is the number to ring?
  • kmills89
    kmills89 Posts: 12 Forumite
    Options
    Finally able to join this thread again... hurray!

I've had to withdraw from three flat purchases in the past year (one due to legal issues with the Freeholder, one due to structural issues with the roof, and the most recent due to a down-valuation of £40k on a new build development) so I'm hoping for fourth time lucky!!

First time buyer, just submitted my application with Santander via broker. Fingers crossed please everyone! Anyone else waiting with Santander at the moment or recently?
  • Pegasaurus
    Pegasaurus Posts: 35 Forumite
    Options
    Just trying to remortgage. Good six-figure salary, £10k on a credit card, £16k car PCP and a good credit history. With one painful exception. Switched away from EON in April 17 and they took 4 months to issue a final bill which I was 3 days late paying. My bad on that, but the sods have lumbered me with 4 months of arrears in July 17. Complaint in with ombudsman but won't be resolved in time for remortgage.

Painful.

Anyway, L&C seem to think HSBC might be open to our case and so an application is about to go in. I'll be amazed but it's only a soft search so we'll see. Fully expecting it to fail and for us to have to go with a sub-prime 'adverse credit' mortgage with the likes of Aldermore.

Fingers crossed, and good luck to everyone else waiting!
  • ks15
    ks15 Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Delighted to say that Barclays updated TrackIt this morning and my offer is being posted out to me - yay!

Valuation was completed last Wednesday so a pretty quick turnaround. Still need to provide my proof of deposit in my LISA but pretty close to being sorted!
    ks15 wrote: »
    Currently waiting for a decision from Barclays:

09/05 Offer accepted on a 1 bed with Help to Buy
    16/05 Full application submitted (found out this morning hard search was done on this day which is great!)
    17/05 Barclays want additional info like proof of deposit, held up slightly as awaiting 2018/19 LISA bonus
    18/05 Help to Buy Application submitted
    24/05 HTB come back to say error on on Sales Memorandum so needed to get that fixed, resubmitted on Friday (I hope, mortgage advisor slightly annoying and slow)
    25/05 Alert email from Barclays that they have requested the valuation

Until this morning I had no idea if the credit check had been done - I was really nervous about it not going through or something but checked my report and it was done on the say of application and they wouldn't be bothering with the valuation if I hadn't passed that so feeling a lot more confident about the process!

Hopefully get the offer within the next week or so!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback