Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Dolly123
    Dolly123 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Fisa002 wrote: »
    I know somone very recently got the offer in the post 4-5 days after valuation with them.

We got our Mortgage Offer today!! :j

Cant fault Natwest and my IFA its gone so smoothly!! :T
  • loobiej1
    Options
    Dolly123 wrote: »
    We got our Mortgage Offer today!! :j

Cant fault Natwest and my IFA its gone so smoothly!! :T

Congratulations :):j
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Nationwide mortgage offer !!!55357;!!!56397;!!!55356;!!!57340;
  • x_malibubabe
    Options
    My broker says nationwide have had a 14% increase in applications this year and they've told her it will take 'up to' 5 days to make the offer.

I've just had a 'valuation received and approved' (at the price we're paying) text. Does this mean they will give us an offer or can they still say no at this point?
  • loobiej1
    Options
    My broker says nationwide have had a 14% increase in applications this year and they've told her it will take 'up to' 5 days to make the offer.

I've just had a 'valuation received and approved' (at the price we're paying) text. Does this mean they will give us an offer or can they still say no at this point?

Id be interested in peoples thoughts / experiences on this too?
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

For you and the poster above, I’ve heard various things. If we went though a broker. We applied AIP on the sat, accepted, full application on the Wednesday, accepted - valuation booked in for Saturday morning, broker tells us Friday we have been approved subject to valuation. Text on Saturday to say valuation received 6pm and be in touch soon. Several people on here had offer text within 48h, we got it 2pm Tuesday.

They seem to do any final checks after valuation and can decline at any time - valuation is booked as soon as application is done, suppose it depends if anything comes up in that final review they may ask for docs or statements etc

However there must be another process as another user on here was told 5 days to review, when I rang up on Monday I was told within 3 days and malibubabe above has been told the same, so wonder if it’s because we had already passed all the credit checks?
  • loobiej1
    Options
    ashe wrote: »
    For you and the poster above, I’ve heard various things. If we went though a broker. We applied AIP on the sat, accepted, full application on the Wednesday, accepted - valuation booked in for Saturday morning, broker tells us Friday we have been approved subject to valuation. Text on Saturday to say valuation received 6pm and be in touch soon. Several people on here had offer text within 48h, we got it 2pm Tuesday.

They seem to do any final checks after valuation and can decline at any time - valuation is booked as soon as application is done, suppose it depends if anything comes up in that final review they may ask for docs or statements etc

However there must be another process as another user on here was told 5 days to review, when I rang up on Monday I was told within 3 days and malibubabe above has been told the same, so wonder if it’s because we had already passed all the credit checks?

Thank you. I had our valuation yesterday, valuer said report would be with them for next day (today) i havent had any text saying recieved valuation, our broker emailed me today asking for another payslip then once recieved will be a case of waiting for a formal offer. She also said valuation accepted with agreed price.
    Im not sure why i havent had any notifications i did recieve one when i submitted application.
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    loobiej1 wrote: »
    Thank you. I had our valuation yesterday, valuer said report would be with them for next day (today) i havent had any text saying recieved valuation, our broker emailed me today asking for another payslip then once recieved will be a case of waiting for a formal offer. She also said valuation accepted with agreed price.
    Im not sure why i havent had any notifications i did recieve one when i submitted application.

I wouldn’t worry about those text updates. They are a bit random. I’ve only ever had one text to say my valuation was booked from nationwide for last Friday. After that they requested some information on ground rent on this Monday gone. I called today and told I should have a decision by Friday. If there seems to be outstanding documents then I doubt you would get a text. The valuation was received last Friday and was only assessed today apparently. The wait goes on. Will update a full timeline once I get that offer (hopefully)
  • loobiej1
    Options
    Fisa002 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t worry about those text updates. They are a bit random. I’ve only ever had one text to say my valuation was booked from nationwide for last Friday. After that they requested some information on ground rent on this Monday gone. I called today and told I should have a decision by Friday. If there seems to be outstanding documents then I doubt you would get a text. The valuation was received last Friday and was only assessed today apparently. The wait goes on. Will update a full timeline once I get that offer (hopefully)

Thank you, mine was extra 2 payslips to show regular other income, i sent them across today so hope theyll look at asap.
    Keeping everything crossed for you Fisa002.
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    loobiej1 wrote: »
    Thank you, mine was extra 2 payslips to show regular other income, i sent them across today so hope theyll look at asap.
    Keeping everything crossed for you Fisa002.

Awww thankyou. It looks like we’re at a
    Similar stage. It’s taking them 2-3 days to assess documents. So hopefully by Friday you should hear something. Fingers x for u too. Then hopefully we can all move across to the waiting to exchange thread. But that seems so far away !

By the way has anyone had a homebuyers survey done with the valuation ? I had one done same time as my valuation last Friday. Valuation went to the bank. Emailed the company they said it takes a week to receive that!?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback