Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• loobiej1
    Options
    Fisa002 wrote: »
    Awww thankyou. It looks like we’re at a
    Similar stage. It’s taking them 2-3 days to assess documents. So hopefully by Friday you should hear something. Fingers x for u too. Then hopefully we can all move across to the waiting to exchange thread. But that seems so far away !

By the way has anyone had a homebuyers survey done with the valuation ? I had one done same time as my valuation last Friday. Valuation went to the bank. Emailed the company they said it takes a week to receive that!?

Hello
    I have called my broker this morning who advised NW have a 4 day backlog so just a case of waiting....
  • Fisa002
    Fisa002 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    loobiej1 wrote: »
    Hello
    I have called my broker this morning who advised NW have a 4 day backlog so just a case of waiting....

I called the broker too for an update. Documents take 3 days to review. A valuation is taking 5 working days ( if you factor in the weekend its a week!) so they should assess my valuation which was last Friday. I know it came back ok he said I should have an offer tomorrow close or by Monday latest. Just thought Id update and let you know if your in a similar position with nationwide !
  • loobiej1
    Options
    I dont know how much longer mine will take, i supplied extra docs yesterday.
    Im going with end of next wk , i know valuation is ok.
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Definitely seems to be different processes and timescales at play.

Our valuation Saturday morning, text to day received back sat evening, we got offer by text on Tuesday afternoon. Nothing like 5 days and seen others on here with similar short timescales yet there!!!8217;s others that are being told 5 days. Strange! When I rang on Monday they didn!!!8217;t mention any backlog they just said we!!!8217;d hear either way by the end of Wednesday son3 days, but in the end it was 1.5
  • ashe
    ashe Posts: 1,566 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Awww thankyou. It looks like we’re at a
    Similar stage. It’s taking them 2-3 days to assess documents. So hopefully by Friday you should hear something. Fingers x for u too. Then hopefully we can all move across to the waiting to exchange thread. But that seems so far away !

By the way has anyone had a homebuyers survey done with the valuation ? I had one done same time as my valuation last Friday. Valuation went to the bank. Emailed the company they said it takes a week to receive that!?

Homebuyers report depends on the workload of the company doing it, obviously a nationwide referred report may go to a company with a busy backlog. Our vendor wouldn’t take the property off the market until we confirmed we were happy with survey results so we got w local firm to do it. It was £390 but he did survey 2 days later and we got the report same day which was a relief for us!
  • Fisa002
    Options
    ashe wrote: »
    Homebuyers report depends on the workload of the company doing it, obviously a nationwide referred report may go to a company with a busy backlog. Our vendor wouldn’t take the property off the market until we confirmed we were happy with survey results so we got w local firm to do it. It was £390 but he did survey 2 days later and we got the report same day which was a relief for us!

Ah okay I received my homebuyers report today. Almost a week after valuation. Thankfully it all seems okay to me. I have forwarded it onto my solicitor.

The NW timescales are so hot and miss. I guess you was one of the lucky ones :) honestly speaking my application has dragged on forever. I’ll post up timeline once I get that darn offer ! :)
  • Maria89
    Options
    Finally I can post about my experience.
    FTB using the equity loan htb
    Viewed and reserve property on 27/1/18
    We finally apply for a DIP with nationwide on 14/2/18
    Application submitted right after the DIP
    Valuation completed and received on the 16/2/18
    Nationwide requested bank statements from broker and immediately uploaded on 21/02/18
    Received mortgage offer 22/2/18.

Good luck to the people still waiting, nationwide have been brilliant and so has my broker.
  • loobiej1
    Options
    Maria89 wrote: »
    Finally I can post about my experience.
    FTB using the equity loan htb
    Viewed and reserve property on 27/1/18
    We finally apply for a DIP with nationwide on 14/2/18
    Application submitted right after the DIP
    Valuation completed and received on the 16/2/18
    Nationwide requested bank statements from broker and immediately uploaded on 21/02/18
    Received mortgage offer 22/2/18.

Good luck to the people still waiting, nationwide have been brilliant and so has my broker.

Congrats on mortgage offer :j
    Nw requested extra wage slip Weds after valuation which i sent straight over, hoping to hear something soon, 2 weeks today since we submitted application (10 working days)
  • Fisa002
    Options
    loobiej1 wrote: »
    Congrats on mortgage offer :j
    Nw requested extra wage slip Weds after valuation which i sent straight over, hoping to hear something soon, 2 weeks today since we submitted application (10 working days)

Talking of texts earlier nationwide have just text me to say that they have received my valuation. It was carried out last Friday (17th) I already know it came back ok last week. Hopefully it’s the last piece of the jigsaw
  • loobiej1
    Options
    Talking of texts earlier nationwide have just text me to say that they have received my valuation. It was carried out last Friday (17th) I already know it came back ok last week. Hopefully it’s the last piece of the jigsaw

I hope that is the final piece, i keep checking my emails and credit report, still cant see a hard search just a soft one on my experian.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback