Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Pigmyhippo
    Pigmyhippo Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    In our case (Natwest) the valuation was instructed at the beginning of the process with the offer issued about 2 weeks after valuation had taken place.
  • Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Tazzababe they sorted our valuation quite early on, before the hard credit check and employer forms etc..

Broker office is officially closed.. still no news. I rang an hour ago and was told they would call me wether they had news or not.. guess it's another day of waiting for me x
  • R&C
    R&C Posts: 242 Forumite
    Options
    Quick question..

How long does it take from mortgage application to instruction of the valuation?

We have gone through the whole underwriting process to get our DIP with Nationwide, which took almost 3 weeks of badgering them. They now can't give us a mortgage application appointment until next Tuesday. Our seller however has started to get a bit antsy, and I think a valuation being instructed will put her mind at rest.
  • nikkih72
    nikkih72 Posts: 64 Forumite
    Options
    Think I can join today :), reserved a plot yesterday, EEK !! FTB, with HTB, Natwest mortgage, documents all uploaded last night, today is day they click the begin button for mortgage and HTB, so fingers crossed everything goes smoothly, after Renting for almost 20 years, this is so exciting and so scary. :)
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    R&C, with Nationwide for us it was
    16/06/17 - applied via broker and verbally got DIP
    19/06/17 - text to say application for DIP had been accepted
    19/06/17 - text to say valuation instructed for 23/06

Best of luck x
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    R&C, we already had the DIP sorted prior to us getting offers accepted. We put the full mortgage application in on the afternoon of Wednesday 21st, the valuation was arranged Friday 23rd (sort of bit of backwards and forwards with the vendor) and carried out Wednesday 28th. Still waiting for an offer, fingers crossed today or Monday.
    DFD September 2017
    2104502 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Got mortgage appointment later on today and the day is dragging! Nervous about it really bit of bad credit in the past as posted a topic on it the other day (quite a few pay day loans during a bad spell, last was 2 and a half years ago) but hopefully it doesn't completely stop me getting a mortgage though but am nervous about it.
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Formal confirmation from Nationwide that the valuation report has been assessed and approved. Fingers crossed not too long until we get an offer.
    DFD September 2017
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Good luck 2104502 hope it goes well x

Great news sugarcube fingers crossed your offer is sent asap x

I rang our broker, they rang Nationwide this morning and requested them to mark our case as urgent. I'm a natural worrier but this is tipping me over the edge lol wether it's good or bad news I really just want to know now.
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    Jkbc90 wrote: »
    Good luck 2104502 hope it goes well x

Great news sugarcube fingers crossed your offer is sent asap x

I rang our broker, they rang Nationwide this morning and requested them to mark our case as urgent. I'm a natural worrier but this is tipping me over the edge lol wether it's good or bad news I really just want to know now.

If it makes you feel any better, it took a while for me to get my offer from nationwide after the valuation was completed.
    I can't remember how long exactly but it was around 2 weeks, all I got after the valuation was a text saying they'd received it. Didn't get one saying it was satisfactory or anything so you can imagine the worry :rotfl:

Good luck with yours, I'm sure all will be fine :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback