Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    bevvy we got the blank text as well. I spoke to our broker who then spoke to Nationwide, the valuation had been provisionally arranged and team has called/left a message for the vendor who had yet to confirm. We never got a follow up one, our broker confirmed the details.
    DFD September 2017
  • Pigmyhippo
    Pigmyhippo Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Pigmyhippo wrote: »
    Further update;
    23/06/17 - Natwest asked broker for proof of new address, sent through docs same day.
    30/06/17 - Broker confirmed that Natwest had accepted our application and offer will be sent out on Mon 3/7.

I did not think that we would get a high street lender, so pleased it's all gone through with little hassle and a reasonable rate.

04/07/17 - Offer received from Natwest.

So 3 and a half weeks total from application to offer.
  • KrisLGW
    Options
    Hi all,

Just wanted to add our experience to this thread as I've been skimming for the last couple of weeks. This is for all the people who may have concerns about their credit etc. Partner and I both have poor credit records (1 disputed default, few late payments etc.) - scores both under the 500 mark. We inherited a large lump sum and reserved a new build (£280k) with HTB last Saturday (24th June).

June 24th - Halifax AIP
    June 24th - Reserved New Build Plot (DWH)
    June 26th - First discussions with broker including subject of continuing with the AIP we had gained.
    June 28th - Application to HTB
    June 29th - Authority to Proceed
    June 30th - Mortgage application made (hard credit search on our Experian reports went in at this point)
    July 3rd - Informed application was with underwriters.
    July 4th - Underwriters confirmed they were happy and valuation has been instructed.

I know nothing is yet guaranteed, but it appears that given the right broker and honesty up front, plus the exceptional circumstances of being able to put down a lump sum alongside HTB and taking a 65% mortgage, the lenders are reasonable and will try to understand your situation. We're hoping things continue as smoothly as they have done so far, and will be sure to keep this post updated.

Just also want to say thanks for all the advice that is posted here. It has helped understand the process of buying our first home.
  • davilown
    davilown Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So here it goes again!

10 Jun 17 Offered on house
    10 Jun 17 DIP with HSBC (I know...but we bank with First Direct)
    12 Jun 17 Offer accepted
    12 Jun 17 accepted asking price offer on current home
    13 Jun 17 Applied - "Decision Obtained"
    14 Jun 17 Uploaded all required documents
    28 Jun 17 Text with Mortgage accepted subject to valuation
    4 Jul 17 full mortgage offer!

Fingers crossed and good luck to you all!
    30th June 2021 completely debt free…. Downsized, reduced working hours and living the dream.
  • Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Congrats pigmyhippo and davilown, best of luck with your new homes x

Our broker said we "should" know today, i have major butterflies. This is far more than just a "new house" to us. It will change our lives massively. So nervous.
  • Returntosender
    Options
    Good luck everyone. I'm in a bit of a limbo period right now as we're waiting on a gifted deposit form to arrive from abroad from a family member before our lender can continue the application. I hate all this uncertainty!
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long for that. Good luck x

Broker chased up our application with Nationwide today and they just have to check the employer form. They said we will have an answer by tomorrow evening. So nervous, my stomach is doing flips.
  • Pigmyhippo
    Pigmyhippo Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Jkbc90 wrote: »
    Fingers crossed you aren't waiting too long for that. Good luck x

Broker chased up our application with Nationwide today and they just have to check the employer form. They said we will have an answer by tomorrow evening. So nervous, my stomach is doing flips.

Fingers crossed that you get the decision you are hoping for! There always seems to be that one last piece of info needed. Hope they issue your offer tomorrow.
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Thanks pigmyhippo. I hope today is the day, phone is fully charged and on loud, jumping out of my skin every time it makes a noise lol x
  • tazzababe100
    tazzababe100 Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi,
    I am now waiting with you guys. My head is totally up my bum at the minute....this forum is keeping me sane as providing so much help...amazing!!

DIP accepted Fri 30th June
    App and documents sent off Mon 3rd July
    Broker delay, so Platform only received then Tues 4th July
    Today (Thurs 6th July) case assessed and they have instructed valuation.

Looks promising but I have no idea if it's going to be a "yes". Do they generally conduct a valuation at the beginning of the process or end?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback