Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Ah LuckyG that does make me feel better, thank you :)

That's what we have got as well just the text to let us know they received the valuation. I'm going to be 10 stone heavier by the time this is over, I'm stress eating haha glad yours all worked out xx
  • KrisLGW
    Options
    KrisLGW wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wanted to add our experience to this thread as I've been skimming for the last couple of weeks. This is for all the people who may have concerns about their credit etc. Partner and I both have poor credit records (1 disputed default, few late payments etc.) - scores both under the 500 mark. We inherited a large lump sum and reserved a new build (£280k) with HTB last Saturday (24th June).

June 24th - Halifax AIP
    June 24th - Reserved New Build Plot (DWH)
    June 26th - First discussions with broker including subject of continuing with the AIP we had gained.
    June 28th - Application to HTB
    June 29th - Authority to Proceed
    June 30th - Mortgage application made (hard credit search on our Experian reports went in at this point)
    July 3rd - Informed application was with underwriters.
    July 4th - Underwriters confirmed they were happy and valuation has been instructed.

I know nothing is yet guaranteed, but it appears that given the right broker and honesty up front, plus the exceptional circumstances of being able to put down a lump sum alongside HTB and taking a 65% mortgage, the lenders are reasonable and will try to understand your situation. We're hoping things continue as smoothly as they have done so far, and will be sure to keep this post updated.

Just also want to say thanks for all the advice that is posted here. It has helped understand the process of buying our first home.

July 6th - Valuation of Property
    July 7th - Official offer from Halifax :T:T:T:T
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Great news congrats :)

Does anyone know if the offer texts can come on a Saturday from Nationwide?
  • sevenhills
    sevenhills Posts: 5,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    sevenhills wrote: »
    Applied for mortgage on 23-05-17 with the Coventry and now survey booked for 16th June.

The survey was cancelled and it was done on the 26th; got my mortgage offer today.
    10 year fixed, 2.7% APRC with the Coventry.
  • Returntosender
    Options
    Wooohooo, received our mortgage offer today after about a week and a half of 'please re-send this, please re-send that' from Nationwide. We're getting our building survey report tomorrow which means we can proceed with negotiations! Beyond relieved right now!!!
  • Jkbc90
    Options
    Great news :) congratulations

We had word from our broker today. Nationwide have came back with an offer of £4K less, not sure wether it's to do with the valuation. Now they're shut until Friday, apparently they're willing to offer us the mortgage with the new figure but it's now working out where to go from here. Nothing worth having ever comes easy hey lol
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We have confirmation from our broker that our offer has been issued and it is exactly as we asked for so i can breathe a sigh of relief. Our timeline was as follows

06/06/17 - AIP issued by Nationwide.
    12/06/17 - Offers accepted on our house and the house we want to buy
    13/06/17 - Supporting documents sent to broker
    16/06/17- meeting with broker to discuss mortgage options, 2 yr fix/5 yr fix etc
    21/06/17 - AM Further supporting documents requested and forwarded. PM Full application submitted
    23/06/17 -Text/email to say valuation arranged but no date
    26/06/17 - Confirmation from broker that sellers didn't get back to Nationwde to confirm the date, we then arranged for the sellers to tell Nationwide that we were authorised to arrange access for valuation. Valuation rearranged.
    28/06/17 - Valuation carried out, given the ok from the surveyor, report sent to Nationwide.
    30/0617 - Broker confirmed valution is at the requested figure and that Nationwide are assessing it.
    05/07/17- Nationwide request further information relating to the flooding (when and why)
    10/07/17 - Nationwide request more information in regards to flooding (any preventative measures since/value of claim)
    11/07/17 - Offer issued

So from application to offer it was 1 day under 3 weeks.

So
    DFD September 2017
  • BattleToads
    BattleToads Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    So from application to offer it was 1 day under 3 weeks.

Congratulations, glad it all worked out.
  • goodwithsaving
    goodwithsaving Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Application submitted on Monday, it's the waiting game now. It's my third mortgage application in 3 years so I'm very nervous!
  • hashtagyolo
    hashtagyolo Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Update:

30/6/17: DIP given from Aldermore
    30/6/17: Offer accepted on property
    03/7/17: Mortgage Application accepted and survey paid for..
    11/7/17: Valuation Completed
    12/7/17: Call from Aldermore to confirm details..

Mortgage offer will be released I think? Hope so! :P
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure