Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Sadie23
    Sadie23 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Waiting for decision back from Virgin Money - they've got Accountants cert and Valuation back to them earlier this week so hoping to hear back tomorrow! Broker has said that final checks being done tomorrow by underwriters - I'm nervous!
  • ses6jwg
    ses6jwg Posts: 5,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Our valuation and homebuyer report came back today with countrywide on behalf of tesco... homebuyer report states our purchase price is fair value given the works required on the property (new boiler, rewiring, cosmetics).

Haven't spoken to tesco but I take this to mean that therefore the mortgage valuation would have been OK as well?
  • Sadie23
    Sadie23 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    Sadie23 wrote: »
    Waiting for decision back from Virgin Money - they've got Accountants cert and Valuation back to them earlier this week so hoping to hear back tomorrow! Broker has said that final checks being done tomorrow by underwriters - I'm nervous!

Just had my Mortgage offer sent through, feeling so pleased and a sense of relief!
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've just received an email from Nationwide saying that my valuation has been arranged and if I haven't been contacted (which I haven't) then I don't need to be there, has anyone had this?
    DFD September 2017
  • Nics93
    Nics93 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, we have applied to Nationwide too and received the same text on the 21st, I believe it just means they are checking the valuation appears correct (not too high or low) and looking over the documents. The house we've had an offer accepted on required an updated home report so we're waiting for the final back before this can be submitted to Nationwide for the final decision.
  • sugarcube84
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Nics93 wrote: »
    Yes, we have applied to Nationwide too and received the same text on the 21st, I believe it just means they are checking the valuation appears correct (not too high or low) and looking over the documents. The house we've had an offer accepted on required an updated home report so we're waiting for the final back before this can be submitted to Nationwide for the final decision.

So did they go out and value it? or do a desktop study/drive past?
    DFD September 2017
  • sugarcube84
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I've now spoken to the broker who said that Nationwide have sent the potential valuation date to our vendors who haven't yet replied.

It's an empty property that I have a key for and we have been handling surveys for them as we are closer and her dad is currently in hospital, the mortgage broker knew this and obviously haven't passed it on. The mortgage broker is ringing back on Monday to see if the vendors have been in touch and if not we will arrange a date for us to be in attendance.
    DFD September 2017
  • Beanboysmum
    Beanboysmum Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Received our full mortgage offer from Halifax yesterday,
    to say we are happy is an understatement.

There's no chain either side so we are hoping for a smooth purchase.

Good luck to everyone awaiting a desicion.
  • Merlah
    Merlah Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Just thought I'd post our timeline here as well! We're FTB with Barclays and this whole process is a lot more waiting than expected. Also, waiting is a lot more stressful than I thought it could be.

Offer made and accepted: 10/06
    Mortgage appointment in branch: 19/06
    Handing in additional ID documents: 20/06
    Requests for more info on track portal: 25/06 (but MA is off work until tomorrow)
    Valuation reviewed and approved: 26/06

So far I hope this is moving smoothly and quickly and that we won't have to be anxiously waiting for too much longer.
  • Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Great news beanboysmum, good luck with your new home xx

Our valuation was done on Friday.

Timeline so far is

16/06/17 - Broker applied for mortgage
    16/06/17 - DIP from Nationwide
    23/06/17 - Valuation carried out

Now just to try and find some patience lol
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories