Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• SparklyD
    SparklyD Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Ohhh CONGRATULATIONS!! I hope so! Broker just called to ask for my declaration form again as he didn't see it when I sent it the other night.. valuation is back so hopefully just a few more days!! So nervous xxx
  • Pigmyhippo
    Pigmyhippo Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    Joining this thread. We have just completed on the sale of our house today and are in rented for 4-6 months while we wait for the new build we have reserved to be built.
    We have had past credit issues (Multiple defaults due to drop off between now and Sept, 8 in total and late payments from the same period) and I am director of Ltd co. so we engaged the services of a broker. We had spoken to him before progressing with our house sale, and he was confident that he could place us somewhere (high street if possible, but definitely sub prime if not).
    Our timeline is as follows;

08/06/17 - DIP with Natwest applied for and passed.
    09/06/17 - Help to Buy authority to proceed applied for by broker
    09/06/17 - Full application submitted and documents sent to broker to forward to Natwest.
    10/06/17 - Valuation fee taken by Natwest
    12/06/17 - Help to Buy authority to proceed received
    13/06/17 - Further documents requested by Natwest
    14/06/17 - Valuation carried out
    15/06/17 - Valuation confirmed as received by Natwest to be assessed within the next 48 hours.

Just waiting to see now if any further information is going to be required, and if any issues are going to be thrown up.
  • SuboJvR
    SuboJvR Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess I can join this thread now...!

We had our meeting with our broker today and he doesn't have any concerns about anything we discussed so I suddenly feel more optimistic that we may be able to buy a home to call our own.

Also had a really positive chat with our current landlord who seems happy for us to have some flexibility going into the next few months.

May 28th - provisionally reserved plot (new build)
    May 29th - decision in principle including credit check from Santander
    June 16th - meeting with broker and mortgage selected. Gifted deposit letter to be completed
    June 19th - mortgage broker will be submitting full application

Aiming for exchange in mid August to move in October/November sometime!
  • toc25
    toc25 Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone else getting their mortgage from Natwest? I got my mortgage offer a week a go and on the mortgage tracker it said they had reviewed the valuation just before they issued the offer. Yesterday I signed back in to the mortgage tracker (wish I hadn't now) and on the 16th they had added a note saying they are reviewing the valuation this is on stage 4 not the valuation stage. Why in earth would they be reviewing the valuation again a week after they have issued the offer? Should I be worried?
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    We met with our broker on Friday to go through the mortgage illustration and different options, so we have chosen our mortgage and know what our payment will be and its £60 less than I've budgeted for, woohoo He has also reviewed the supporting documents I sent across, payslips, statements etc and he said it was all fine so we are good to go. He has an admin team who double check the supporting documents prior to application so that will happen today/tomorrow and then they should be submitting the application Tues/Weds.

I spoke to our buyer/vendors (house swap) on Saturday and they don't need a mortgage but we aren't holding anything up as they haven't received their client pack from their solicitors yet as he has been on holiday.
    DFD September 2017
  • Newtown
    Newtown Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Update :

Mortgage Approved yesterday : 19/06/2017
    Offer is in post

Now the real fun begins !
  • jarshay
    jarshay Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think we can join in with this post to:-

10/05/17 - Contacted broker
    22/05/17 - Completed Fact Find and Sent over Documents/Evidence
    26/05/17 - AIP Granted by Santander
    12/06/17 - Made Offer on Property
    13/06/17 - Offer Accepted :-)
    20/06/17 - Full Application Submitted to Santander

Fingers crossed!
    Mortgage for £212000 - 10/17 for 35 years!
    Aiming to overpay each year as close to 10% as possible!
  • SuboJvR
    SuboJvR Posts: 481 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi jarshay - looks like we are both on similar timelines with Santander. My application went in on Monday 19th! :-)
  • Missymae0
    Missymae0 Posts: 85 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm going to join the waiting game with you all. Timeline looks a bit like this;

AIP: 5th June
    Reserved house (new build): 8th June
    Full application submitted: 13th June
    Valuation fee paid: 14th June
    Extra info requested and returned: 19th June

Fingers crossed we will know more this week, completion set for 28th July

Fing
  • Df26
    Df26 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I will koom you guys

Mortgage from TSB through the branch. Our Advisor was ok through first steps.
    Now we have a problem.
    The offer we have been told was issued and out via post on Tuesday 13th June. We still not recive it yet week after.
    I have been checking the credit score and it dont recorded any searches.
    I have tired to contract our MA since yesterday but not result.
    Can you give me advice how long it will take to get the official letter?
    Big thanks.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure