Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• Jb_1982
    Jb_1982 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Didn't realise this thread existed, think this is where I belong... here goes:

My journey so far:

30th May 2017
    Ring estate agent and tell them I want to sell house.

2nd June 2017
    House photos taken, and go to view a house that we would like to buy.

5th June 2017
    Put offer on house for asking price, along with 3 others. Goes to sealed bids. Sealed bid given.

7th June 2017
    House is live, for sale.

8th June 2017
    Have 4 viewings on house.

9th June 2017
    Have cash bid for asking Price, one viewing, also have sealed bid accepted.

10th June 2017
    4 viewings.

12th June 2017
    1 offer below asking price on my house. Vendor still hasn't found house.

13th June 2017
    Accept Cash offer for asking price on our house sale. Appointed Solicitors to sell/purchase house.

14th June 2017
    Solicitors paperwork arrived in post.

20th June 2017
    Returned solicitors paperwork.

All hands to the pump recently with the solicitors 'war and peace' to fill in. Still waiting on the vendors to find somewhere to move to. I have it on good authority they will move... I've arranged an appointment with broker for 1st July for mortgage application!!! Daunting prospect!!
  • jarshay
    jarshay Posts: 73 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SuboJvR wrote: »
    Hi jarshay - looks like we are both on similar timelines with Santander. My application went in on Monday 19th! :-)

Fingers crossed for us both! Hope those guys at Santander just whizz through our applications and pass them no questions asked!
    Mortgage for £212000 - 10/17 for 35 years!
    Aiming to overpay each year as close to 10% as possible!
  • Df26
    Df26 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Newton can you please post it here when you will receive offer in writing please.
    Thanks ;)
  • GeoffSpar8
    GeoffSpar8 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    My contribution to this thread...

Halifax mortgage

DIP - 16/06/17
    Application submitted - 20/06/17
    Hard credit check - 20/06/17

awaiting valuation....
  • JBOW00
    JBOW00 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    I have been following this forum for last few weeks and thought I would share my mortgage timescales as well.

I applied with HSBC via a broker on 20th of May
    More bank statements and payslips were requested from HSBC 8th of June
    I went into HSBC branch as I was concerned the length of time this has taken on 20th of June. They rang the underwriters and my mortgage broker and said they couldn't see why it was being held up.
    Then 5pm on 20th of June, my broker received a phone call from HSBC saying I had been approved subject to valuation.
    Then today (21st) HSBC contacted my estate agent and has arranged for valuation 22nd of June.

Hope this helps someone else who is going through similar mortgage process, as this forum has been great for us to follow last few weeks. thanks everyone :)
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Update, our broker has submitted our mortgage application and I've done a timeline of the story so far

06/06/17 - AIP issued by Nationwide.
    12/06/17 - Offers accepted on our house and the house we want to buy
    13/06/17 - Supporting documents sent to broker
    16/06/17- meeting with broker to discuss mortgage options, 2 yr fix/5 yr fix etc
    21/06/17 - AM Further supporting documents requested and forwarded. PM Full application submitted

Fingers crossed!!
    DFD September 2017
  • Newtown
    Newtown Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    Will do:

its 2nd day since i received the text. and still no sign of offer (in post) I hope it will be here before weekend.

So far so good., All looking fine.

(Currently going through the lease paperwork: also my solicitors have raised some questions : Completing the paper work : ID checks etc :)

Also asked my solicitor to see if they can get a completion date (in June)

Fingers crossed. (looks like its getting towards the business end now hopefully soon )

Df26 wrote: »
    Newton can you please post it here when you will receive offer in writing please.
    Thanks ;)
  • kingstreet
    kingstreet Posts: 38,788 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Newtown wrote: »
    Its 2nd day since i received the text. and still no sign of offer (in post) I hope it will be here before weekend
    Nationwide posts offers second class, so a wait of seven to ten days from the 'offer issued' text/email is not uncommon.
    I am a mortgage broker. You should note that this site doesn't check my status as a Mortgage Adviser, so you need to take my word for it. This signature is here as I follow MSE's Mortgage Adviser Code of Conduct. Any posts on here are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as financial advice. Please do not send PMs asking for one-to-one-advice, or representation.
  • LuckyG
    LuckyG Posts: 226 Forumite
    Options
    It was a few working days before receiving my nationwide offer in the post.
  • BattleToads
    BattleToads Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    LuckyG wrote: »
    It was a few working days before receiving my nationwide offer in the post.

I had an offer issued on a Thursday, and the paperwork arrived on the Monday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback