Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• kalojac
    kalojac Posts: 423 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Has anyone ever used justmortgage brokers? If so how did you find them?
  • davilown
    davilown Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Mortgage application online last Tuesday, docs submitted Thursday AM online but still waiting for the to be checked before forwarding onto the underwriters.
    fingers crossed!
    30th June 2021 completely debt free…. Downsized, reduced working hours and living the dream.
  • Df26
    Df26 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Newtown we have still not have letter recived. Is 9 days today.
    We done ID check with Solicitor last week and so far quiet.
    I called the bank today just to find out our MA is on holiday and someone else will contact me today.
    ' where is my letter' :eek: so frustrating
  • Newtown
    Newtown Posts: 42 Forumite
    Options
    I can confirm that we have received the postal mortgage offer from nationwide. (so got it on 3rd day)

Also had a text from countrywide and they have got the copy as well.

so all looking good
  • Df26
    Df26 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good luck with the rest Newton.
    :j
  • Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys I'll probably do this wrong but I'll give it a go anyway :rotfl:

13/05/17 - Viewed house
    19/05/17 - Offer accepted
    19/05/17 - Contacted mortgage broker
    22/05/17 - Meeting with broker to apply for coownership (this didn't get accepted and added a lot of time onto the process)
    08/06/17 - Official end to coownership application
    09/06/17 - Decided not to appeal and go for full mortgage and notified mortgage broker of this
    16/06/17 - Appointment with broker to hand over documents needed and sign paperwork
    16/06/17 - Application of mortgage accepted by Nationwide
    20/06/17 - Submitted bank statement showing the deposit and donor form with a lump sum from family
    22/06/16 - Survey and valuation being carried out

Nervous and excited. Hoping we get some news soon. How quick from valuation to offer was it for you guys?
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Update now been passed on for full assessment any ideas what this means? Mortgage broker seemed to think that it was good and that it was progressing quickly.
    DFD September 2017
  • BattleToads
    BattleToads Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Update now been passed on for full assessment any ideas what this means? Mortgage broker seemed to think that it was good and that it was progressing quickly.

With Nationwide? Also happened to me, from what I understood just means they are happy with the documents supplied and is now ready for the underwriter to take a more detailed look. Mine was held up at this stage because my valuation got pushed back.

Once I then got the valuation accepted email my offer was issued around 4 hours later. So hopefully not too much longer for your outcome.
  • sugarcube84
    sugarcube84 Posts: 542 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    With Nationwide? Also happened to me, from what I understood just means they are happy with the documents supplied and is now ready for the underwriter to take a more detailed look. Mine was held up at this stage because my valuation got pushed back.

Once I then got the valuation accepted email my offer was issued around 4 hours later. So hopefully not too much longer for your outcome.

Thanks, yes it's with Nationwide.

Wow that's great, it was only submitted yesterday!!
    DFD September 2017
  • Jkbc90
    Jkbc90 Posts: 85 Forumite
    Options
    I'm with Nationwide too I hope it's not too much of a wait once the valuation is done today, good luck with your application sugarcube
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback