We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• MisterP123
    MisterP123 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    As the title says really..... Never actually thought our time would come (cheesy I know) but our valuation was this morning and we have just had the mortgage offer email!!!!!!!!!!
    So our official timescale with Nationwide was:

3/4- viewed the house
    4/4- offer accepted and DiP referred
    5/4- DiP accepted and mortgage application submitted online
    12/4- Valuation 9am
    12/4- mortgage offer issued email 4:30pm

Oh my god... I know the road ahead is still a long one but wow this feels good!!!!

Hope everyone who is still waiting hears good news real soon.
    :beer:

Congrats :beer:
  • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Options
    MisterP123 wrote: »
    Congrats :beer:
    Thank you :j
  • BLOW_FLY
    BLOW_FLY Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options
    Awaiting our decision and it's been a bit of a nightmare.....

We were using a broker but have ended up going direct to Halifax (my bank) on his advice for now. We went to them just to get idea and comparison on products they gave us an AIP but in beknown to us conducted 2x hard searches on myself and my wife. The broker said he didn't want to do any searches / application as this would impinge on credit score.

Wife recently changed jobs so Halifax needed to varify her new employment with her employer which they've now done.

Combined household income £110,000.00 looking for mortgage of £328,500.00 (eye watering I know but in very expensive area of the country). Wife had IVA which ended 14mths ago and no longer shows on any credit reports. I've got £7k loan and £2k CC debt.

Just waiting for to hear, it's worse than waiting for exam results..... :undecided

BF
  • Lauralou79
    Lauralou79 Posts: 268 Forumite
    Options
    I can join in. We've completed our mortgage application with Natwest today as FTB. It's all so nerve wrecking! Especially with it being Easter I guess it could extend the timeline a bit!
    We've applied for a £85,000 mortgage ( not even twice our combined salaries) plus a £95,000 deposit
    So not over stretching, no current debt and stable incomes and long term employments. Fingers crossed! It's so nerve wrecking!!
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sigh still not a peep from our broker, Im such a pessimist that I've consigned it to not being able to get one...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • jm475
    jm475 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 13 April 2017 at 1:01PM
    Options
    is it the Mortgage Advisor/Broker that lets you know - or the bank themselves?

I'm still a long way off.....full app (on a wing and a prayer given situation) went in to Santander on 10th....they are still working on those submitted on 5th.

Good luck!
  • RJ10
    RJ10 Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys, I can finally join in also..

26/3 - Viewed NB property& reserved
    30/3 - DiP granted
    31/3 - Full application submitted
    4/4 - Case picked up by underwriter
    5/4 - Agreement subject to valuation (booked in for 7/4)
    7/4 - Valuation
    11/4 Full mortgage offer rec'd

:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j:j
  • barneydier
    Options
    Nationwide
    Mortgage DIP and full application done 08/04/2017
    Valuation done 11/04/2017
    Valuation sent to Nationwide 11/04/2017
    Application sent for full final Assessment 12/04/2017
    Nationwide advise we will hear by the 18/04/2017
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
  • MisterP123
    MisterP123 Posts: 229 Forumite
    Options
    Soooo.... Quarter past 4, the day before Easter bank holiday weekend. Santander tracking system shows no update... They're still reviewing applications passed to underwriters on the 5th (same day as me.)

Alas, I'd given up all hope. Certainly not going to hear anything now.....

They've all gone home early. That'll be it now, until Tuesday. :(

Expecting a decline anyway, 95% LTV, few late payments, 1 in the past 12 months. Credit report completely different to what I'd submitted to my broker due to some accounts updating and others not. Experian showing credit card balances as £10k against my submitted figure of £6.3k

Just about to go home and then, at 16:17, this....
    We're pleased to let you know your client's mortgage application has been agreed. A mortgage offer will be sent out shortly, subject to a satisfactory valuation.

I'm elated :beer::beer::beer::beer::j:j:j
  • jm475
    jm475 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Nice one!!! Well done!! :) Time to go for a drink eh? (or is the money being saved for the new place?) :)

Did you get that update on the MATS - or via email??

Well done!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure