We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• jm475
    jm475 Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You might well hear tomorrow; best of luck!! Fingers and toes are crossed for you :)
  • Torfoxwell
    Torfoxwell Posts: 90 Forumite
    Options
    Just waiting on Valuation which was done sometime yesterday - the suspence is killing me ! ������
  • hounsehunterftb
    Options
    *Edited*
    Hello guys!!

I am joining the queue for "Awaiting Mortgage Offer". I have a 10% deposit to pay and would be applying for the mortgage for the remaining amount.

Here is my timeline
    - March 13th 2017: Agreement in Principle (Principality Building Society)
    - April 1st 2017: Offer accepted on the house
    - April 5th 2017: Full application made through a broker. Money for valuation deducted from the account
    - April 10th 2017: In queue for the documentation to be assessed and would be done by end of day tomorrow. We will have an update if anything else is required.
    - April 13th 2017: Valuation/House Survey Booked!
    So right now we are waiting for the valuation to be taken place which is the part I am MOST scared about. Because I already think we are overpaying for the property and I don't have more than 10% deposit. Fingers crossed! Hoping all goes fine. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. And I will do the same for all those waiting as well! :)

I will post an update as and when I receive them.
    Home buying yet again!! Fingers crossed!!
    ===============================
    3 years ago ==> Completed!! PROUD homeowner from now on! :beer::beer::beer::beer:
  • joshardy
    joshardy Posts: 58 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think we've been really lucky, here is our timeline:

3 Apr - Mortgage request to Halifax submitted (via our broker)
    7 Apr - House valuation completed
    10 Apr - Mortgage offer received

Hopefully the rest of the process is this straightforward! Good luck to everyone else!
  • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Options
    Our valuation should be taking place right about now. Hope we don't have to wait too much longer for an answer to our application. Only applied last Wednesday so still relatively quick. Could be ages yet couldn't it. Aaarrgghhhh come on Nationwide ��
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Sent our documents off to the mortgage broker today, a little nervous as we're looking for a place to buy for us & our children to live together. However I have some debt on CC & my OH has an old default which she needs to get set to satisfied. Have no idea what to expect in terms of how much we can borrow but we will have about £15k deposit.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • jessnat995
    jessnat995 Posts: 108 Forumite
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »
    Sent our documents off to the mortgage broker today, a little nervous as we're looking for a place to buy for us & our children to live together. However I have some debt on CC & my OH has an old default which she needs to get set to satisfied. Have no idea what to expect in terms of how much we can borrow but we will have about £15k deposit.

Mortgage is available with an outstanding default, would just be a higher interest rate i would assume,
  • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Options
    Oakdene wrote: »

Good luck :j
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    jessnat995 wrote: »
    Mortgage is available with an outstanding default, would just be a higher interest rate i would assume,

I know just live in a part of the country where house prices are high in certain places.
    Good luck :j
    Thank you!!
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Nikkinakkinoo2017
    Options
    As the title says really..... Never actually thought our time would come (cheesy I know) but our valuation was this morning and we have just had the mortgage offer email!!!!!!!!!!
    So our official timescale with Nationwide was:

3/4- viewed the house
    4/4- offer accepted and DiP referred
    5/4- DiP accepted and mortgage application submitted online
    12/4- Valuation 9am
    12/4- mortgage offer issued email 4:30pm

Oh my god... I know the road ahead is still a long one but wow this feels good!!!!

Hope everyone who is still waiting hears good news real soon.
    :beer:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure