Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• summer_james
    summer_james Posts: 80 Forumite
    edited 2 September 2015 at 11:40AM
    Options
    And the plot thickens....

I have just spoken to a surveyor who carries out Halifax's valuations in the area. He basically told me that waiting a month from the day of full application submission to the actual survey being carried out is terrible! He said the usual turnaround time is within a week, no matter if I am having the Homebuyers Report done. He recommended I speak to my broker and get them to chase Halifax and say that 14 September is not good enough (something I have already told them!). The surveyor said there are a few surveyors that work in the area and they are busy but not that busy they can't do a Homebuyers Report sooner! He did also explain that the new computer system to book valuations is stupid, he said they need actual people to book these appointments as that would speed things up. He also said that I am paying for this service and Halifax are always saying to them "customer service is the top priority" it should be done sooner. I called my broker and explained what the surveyor said and the broker advised she will speak to Halifax again. You know what bugs me, I (we) are paying for these services. I paid £680 for my survey on 14 August, if any of us paid that money for a service, we wouldn't expect to receive that service a month later would we? It is just so frustrating as the people I am buying from won't get their survey booked until I have had this one done but my buyers had their survey done over a month ago and I don't want any delays if there are any problems (mortgage offer may be lower, the house we are trying to buy may have problems, the sellers house they are buying may have problems, the list could go on:eek:).

Sorry about the rant, I guess it is the stress of house buying/selling but any time I do start thinking "oh I'm not going to stress, what will be will be", someone confirms my inner feelings of the limbo hell!

Right, back to chanting happy thoughts.....:p:p
  • ktcoil
    ktcoil Posts: 559 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi guys sorry to But in on the wrong forum but cant really seem to find anything, does anyone know a forum or link for first time buyers, we are currently saving but not far off the deposit and wanted to know what next and what stages we need etc and maybe what different fees etc we are going to need on top of just going to the bank to ask for a mortgage loan?

thanks
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Full application made, went with TSB on a 5 year fix at 2.29%. I don't know why I was so stressed, the meeting went very well and the broker thinks we should have no problem securing the mortgage. Fingers crossed now that the surveys are ok.
  • juliat20
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Full application made, went with TSB on a 5 year fix at 2.29%. I don't know why I was so stressed, the meeting went very well and the broker thinks we should have no problem securing the mortgage. Fingers crossed now that the surveys are ok.

Brilliant Lungboy, we all worry when we shouldn't. We're daft really. Hope all goes well.
  • uncreative
    Options
    Hi All,

Just had an offer accepted today on a house and have applied to Natwest/RBS (who we both have banked with for 20+ years) online. All details filled out and submitted.

Apparently have to wait 5 working days for acknowledgement, 5 working days for assessment, another 5 days to get back to me with any follow up questions and a final 5 working days once all info received before taking it to the valuation stage?! Even if I get all my paperwork in order it could take over a month to get an offer:eek::eek:

Anyone with experience of Natwest/RBS?

Any views?
    Total Credit Used...=........£9,000 / £52,700
    Mortgage..............=........£138,000 , 20 Years left.
    :starmod:CC cashback for this year..=........£112.88 £205.81 banked in 2015
    :starmod:YNAB User & Mortgage Free Wannabe
    :starmod::A19/03/16
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    ktcoil wrote: »
    Hi guys sorry to But in on the wrong forum but cant really seem to find anything, does anyone know a forum or link for first time buyers, we are currently saving but not far off the deposit and wanted to know what next and what stages we need etc and maybe what different fees etc we are going to need on top of just going to the bank to ask for a mortgage loan?

thanks

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/mortgages/

Click on the first time buyers tab on there. Should also be a guide you can download on there.
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just popped on to say... Formal mortgage offer issued!!!! Very chuffed. Will be popping over to the waiting to exchange thread now but will pop back now and then.

Good luck to the rest of you. Rant away summerjames, better out than in. I'd be annoyed too!
  • LauraH28
    Options
    JamesN wrote: »
    Just popped on to say... Formal mortgage offer issued!!!! Very chuffed. Will be popping over to the waiting to exchange thread now but will pop back now and then.

Good luck to the rest of you. Rant away summerjames, better out than in. I'd be annoyed too!
    I'm so pleased for you!!
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options

Congratulations JamesN really please for you :T:T
  • summer_james
    Options

Congratulations, you are finally out of the limbo hell, yay!! :D

Thanks, I think I am ranted out at the moment lol :D
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport