Anyone want to join me? Awaiting Mortgage decision...

Options

Comments

• summer_james
    Options
    Broker has just informed me that our Homebuyers Report has been booked for 14 September! :eek: Although that is two weeks' away, I am glad it is all booked up. That means my full application would have taken about five weeks (assuming I hear back on the valuation and receive an offer in that week). I am refusing to get stressed about this process any more, what will be, will be (although I am secretly keeping everything crossed that it all goes well!). :D
  • Lungboy
    Lungboy Posts: 1,953 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Looks like I should join this thread :) Offered on a house on thursday, got MIP done while waiting for decision, offer accepted. Full mortgage application meeting with our broker tomorrow. So stressed about the affordability checks, even though everything should be ok.
  • set
    set Posts: 291 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi

I'd like to join if I may.

We had a AIP done a few months ago before we started looking, so we knew what we could afford. Found somewhere and put offer in. Mortgage application done 22nd August and survey booked for this week, almost 2 weeks after it was requested. Combination of vendor and surveyor availability.

Good luck with the survey.

My advisor is not back to work until 14th September so nothing will happen before then. I have a follow up appointment with her on 15th so hope to hear then on what's next. At least the survey should be done by then and hopefully the survey will have been done on our house by then too.

Have you got login details to access your application? Hopefully you should know results of your survey before then. Our lender used countrywide and we got login details sent in an email to look at valuation.
  • set
    Options
    Broker has just informed me that our Homebuyers Report has been booked for 14 September! :eek: Although that is two weeks' away, I am glad it is all booked up. That means my full application would have taken about five weeks (assuming I hear back on the valuation and receive an offer in that week). I am refusing to get stressed about this process any more, what will be, will be (although I am secretly keeping everything crossed that it all goes well!). :D

14th September! Well like you say at least you've got a date. I know what you mean about refusing to get stressed about it. I'm trying but not easy :(
  • set
    Options
    Lungboy wrote: »
    Looks like I should join this thread :) Offered on a house on thursday, got MIP done while waiting for decision, offer accepted. Full mortgage application meeting with our broker tomorrow. So stressed about the affordability checks, even though everything should be ok.

Welcome aboard the stress train :D. I'm sure you'll be fine. Try not to get too stressed (easy said than done :D). And good luck :)
  • juliat20
    Options
    RajFanda wrote: »
    Yes Juliat20...valuation done and AIP everything in place....2weeks now.

Oh dear, Its really silly how they ask for different things each day they should do it all in one go. I've not come across this yet so I cant help you sorry. Good luck though.
  • DebtFree2012
    Options
    set wrote: »
    Have you got login details to access your application? Hopefully you should know results of your survey before then. Our lender used countrywide and we got login details sent in an email to look at valuation.

No - we are with Halifax and they use Colley's - I'll maybe give them a ring at the end of the week as they aren't doing it until Friday. Thanks.
    Debt - CCV £3792
    CCB £1383 (took a hit for a holiday)

Loan 1 £1787
    Loan 2 £1683
    Total £8601 Was £39302
  • juliat20
    Options
    Good luck this week to us all. :)
  • JamesN
    JamesN Posts: 776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Update from broker today. Apparently it is now with the offers team so hopefully I should hear within 48 hours. Not getting my hopes up though as I've thought tomorrow is the day too many times.
  • LauraH28
    Options
    Just popped back over to see if you got your offer yet James! Will keep looking fingers crossed for you!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback