Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• Adzha
    Adzha Posts: 2,192 Forumite
    Options
    I'd given up on cex when I got a cheque, they do pay
  • Hi All

I've just recycled 4 old mobile phones with Talk Greener at http://www.talkgreener.co.uk/

I found them to have the best prices around and I had looked at a few. I had thought about the Ebay root but think it’s a lot of hassle!

I had a K800i, n70, 6680 and an old 7250.

I was a bit wary of putting my details in but had seen a few people had used them.

I filled out the form online and got the padded envelope 2 days later.

I sent them off and didn’t hear back!!! I was concerned and emailed them but still didn’t get a reply and I knew they had them as I sent them UPS.

I went onto the web site and sent an email through that. I got a reply the same day letting me know they have the phones and are processing them and they’ve had a few email issues.

A few days later I got another email telling me I hadn’t sent a 7250 but the next model up 7250i and they were going to give me more money than I thought I was going to get! Happy days and very impressed as it was old and I wasn’t sure which model it was!

I’ve just got the money through and wanted to let you know of my experiences with this company. Some bad but on the whole very happy and took about 3 weeks to do.

I would recommend them to anybody – just use the web site to email them if you have issues.

Thanks
  • littlewhitey
    Options
    I can recommend TalkGreener and Mazuma - I've recycled a phone with both of them in the past week and have had no problems at all. :D
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    leejjay wrote: »
    sorry if this is already on here but i made £15.00 today from my old nokia 6310i

http://woolworths.mopay.co.uk/

so i'm now looking for my other old phones i've got a few around here somewhere :confused:

I used this link and sent the phones via 1st class recorded as they were worth nearly £50. only cost £2.20 for peace of mind as freepost is not insured. Cheque arrived within 2 weeks excellent service & communication and they give 10% to kids charity on top of what they send you. so someone else benefits as well. The cash given for the phones was slightly more than on other services as well. I would highly recommend them.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    I've found very helpful advice on this thread on on the central information on here on recycling phones. Now that i have a fleet of S/Es which i would never sell (8 to date) I decided to sell some of my other phones where it was worthwhile. Some were highly regarded (Nokia 6300, Samsung U600) - although vastly over-rated in my opinion) and others ancient or lower end. I have used Cex and found that they are always the highest payers. However, they are definitely inefficient and non-user friendly and have to be poked and prodded to pay up. Unlike others on this thread I haven't had problems with them "downgrading" my phones. I will use them again provided they pay and offer higher prices (often twice as high as the other sites mentioned on here). Selling brand new phones I get on 12 month free deals adds to the rewards which I have been enjoying for a long time now.

Mazuma is very good and efficient and I have used them a few times - with cheaper phones and not forking out on Special Delivery. I have recently used Envirofone. They paid up even when I didn't expect them to with the phone I sent them - so no complaints (other than general prices) there. I check out sites mentioned on here when I haven't seen them previosuly, but Cex is still (by far) the highest payer. If only they were as good as my other two on tracking and paying...!
  • Crispo_2
    Options
    Hi everyone

I run a small charity and want to start collecting phones to raise money.

Has anyone any ideas which companies are good for charities?

Thanks
  • agesofelegance
    Options
    this company now buy as well as collect your phones and donate £3 to charity via a dedicated page for each one you can also opt to donate more of the sale cost as well if you are feeling generous
    this is the link to the organisation page I support but there are others listed as well
    http://www.thyroiddisease.envirocharities.com/
  • Firefly
    Firefly Posts: 3,024 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    BigNige wrote: »
    Firefly could you let me know if the cheque clears!

I have been browsing the different sites and they offer far more for my phones than anyone else. I think some of the other sites do not offer half as much as they should be.....

Chq paid into building society on 28th Jan. Went to B/Soc today and balance seems to include the amount for my phones, so all is well. Hope this helps!
    Do not allow the risk of failure to stop you trying!
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just sold a Nokia 6310i to MobilePhoneBuyer for £18, the process was easy and paid direct into my bank with no problems.
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business