Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• ikr2
    ikr2 Posts: 170 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Finally dug out 8 old mobiles from various drawers etc. Envirophone looked to give the best price for 2, Mobileforcash were best for the other 6. Mobileforcash is a bit of risk as I have not seen any reviews here. Most if not all the phones are damaged so I don't hold out much hope of getting the working value of each phone anyway.

I put in the details for both sites 4days ago. Mobileforcash's envelope arrived this morning and the phones went today. I'll report on their and Envirophone's service.
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have still not received envelopes from mobileforcash.com for my Samsung E590 and SE W300i which they were offering £60 and £17 for, even though I emailed them twice. The 30 day trade in offer has now ended, so will now look elsewhere to sell them.
  • imagia
    imagia Posts: 174 Forumite
    Options
    Had a look on this thread recently for some advice on envirofone alternatives. I thought I'd give Mazuma and TalkGreener a go.

I had five phones to recycle, so two went to mazuma and envirofone each and the last to TalkGreener.

In the first stage of waiting for your prepaid envelope to come, envirofone has been incredibly slow (about a week for delivery) compared to Mazuma and TalkGreener (within 2 days).

As far as getting paid goes, Mazuma has been the best by miles. I received a cheque from them today for a phone I only sent on Tuesday. And the cheque was postmarked Thursday! I'm expecting the other one on Monday.

I'm still waiting on the phones I sent on the 15th to the other companies...
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    ikr2
    Have you received your payment from https://www.mobileforcash.com yet?
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    Just got offered £102.00 for my samsung g600 from mobile2cash

https://www.mobile2cash.co.uk/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

£17.00 higher than anywhere else?!

Will see what the service is like and report here :D
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • mcroodi
    mcroodi Posts: 258 Forumite
    Options
    Received email from Mobile2cash on 9th April to say mobile received and money into account 13 days later - I'm pleased with the service as they tell you to allow 22 days to receive payment.
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    mcroodi wrote: »
    Received email from Mobile2cash on 9th April to say mobile received and money into account 13 days later - I'm pleased with the service as they tell you to allow 22 days to receive payment.

Sounds good to me =)
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • edinburghballgirl
    Options
    Beware of CEX. I am still waiting for a payment a month after they have received, checked and passed my phone according to their own records.

Every time I call I just palmed off by the person on the other end and told the payment will be made tomorrow - yeah right.

I've emailed twice and never had a reply.

I have no idea if I'll get my money or not.

I really don't think that this site should be recommending companies like this if they're not reliable. So far this experience has only cost me money.

Hopefully what they owe me will turn up, although who knows when.
  • GrahamW
    GrahamW Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    I've got 6 phones to sell and CEX are offering £77 for all of them, all in Grade C so they can't downgrade any lower. Just worried I won't get paid out as per the other posts. Next best was Mobile2Cash.co.uk paying £61.

Decisions, Decisions.

Edit - Just listed them all on mobileforcash.com and they are offering £87. It's amazing what a few minutes extra can reveal.
    Be ALERT - The world needs more LERTS
  • CheeseCat
    CheeseCat Posts: 378 Forumite
    Options
    I would not recommend Mobile2Cash.

I sent my phone off over a month ago and not heard anything from them whatsoever. Wonder if they will claim they have "lost" my phone in transit too.

Wish i'd sold it on eBay now, its quite a newish phone, I just thought this way would be easier.
    Proud meowmy of four fuzzy cats :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport