Recycle Old Mobiles: No-hassle way to maximise the cash Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• bennett2kuk
    bennett2kuk Posts: 93 Forumite
    Options
    Personally I think you're crazy if you sell your phone on anything other than Ebay.
    People will pay whatever price you ask on Ebay, when I am looking to buy anything for myself I always check elsewhere on the internet as generally you can find new items for way less than the auctions reach on Ebay.

Also I have as an example just tried Envirophone to see how much they would give me for my brand new HTC Tytn II phone, I certainly am not selling it but just chose this as an example.

Envirophone are offering me £45, Ebay on the other hand have Tytn II's as we speak at in excess of £200. Some have even finished nearer £300.

So much for Martin's advice saying Ebay can give 30% extra, try 3 times the price, ie. 300% extra.
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    I got more for my phone that I would ever have done on Ebay. It depends on the phone imo.
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • Andy6116
    Options
    I recently sold an as new Samsung mobile phone, in the box, unused accessories to cex. They told me they'd pay £36 for it.

I recieved a cheque for £24. When I finally got through to them they said the phone was scratched and so a Category C phone worth £24 and there's nothing I can do about it, I can't even have the phone back as it has been sold on!

So if you're thinking of selling any new looking phones to these lot I'd advise you to put them on Ebay instead or try another company as I've lost out on £12, they know its not worth me chasing it up so thats that!

Andy
  • carol1410
    Options
    Which sites will buy PDAs or personal organisers ?
  • EifJ
    EifJ Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, i know that mopay.co.uk does PDA recycling. According to a web user magazine article i have, they hold the largest database of phones and PDA's of all mobile phone recyclers. I've used them in the past and never had any problems. In fact, a friend of mine used them recently and told me that they are offering M&S vouchers now as an alternative to cash. That could be useful for birthdays or fathers day! BTW, what day is fathers day in June?
  • dazed
    dazed Posts: 881 Forumite
    Options
    AVOID mobile2cash.co.uk

I advise all MSE'rs to avoid this website like the plague. I sent my mobile (Samsung G600) to them as a test. They agreed to pay me £108.00 upon receipt. I sent the phone special delivery on the 8th of May and have checked it daily. NOT SIGNED FOR. I have since sent 5 emails that have NEVER been answered regarding this from their website http://www.mobile2cash.co.uk/. These have NEVER been replied too. I have today called and they stated that 'this sometimes happens'......

Really... Maybe it does maybe it does not but it is very strange. I have since registered the handset as stolen through the IMEI number and have reported this to Royal Mail. Royal Mail stated to me that 'this is not the first time this has happened with greener solutions address'.

I am fortunate as I am covered by the insurance BUT it will take me 6-8 weeks to receive the money back!

BE WARNED MSE'rs!

One the other hand the phone I sent to Mazuma went through with ease so I recommend these with ease.!!!
    Man who stands on toilet is high on pot. - Old chinese proverb.
  • donkeyshorn
    donkeyshorn Posts: 18 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I have just sold a nokia 6680 and an N73 to mobile2cash and got the payment a few days ago. They sent a jiffy bag and I sent it back. Simple.
    AND because I still had the boxes I sold them on ebay and made another £20! Another tip for people to make a couple of quid!
  • ioscorpio
    ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I set up a trade with mobileforcash (they were paying the most for a W300i £17) on 14/5 and rec a jiffy bag a few days later, I sent it recorded delivery as there's no history of the company on here. I rec an email on 27/5 to say they had rec the phone and that I would get the payment into my bank in 5 days. I emailed them on 4/6 to say that I had not rec the payment, it went into my bank today. I will use them again.
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    I have used various places - always the ones giving the best price at any time for a given phone since I started selling some of mine. Recently I did use mobile2cash.co.uk thanks to a post from someone on here. It went much smoother than CEX who I have used about 3 times and the money arrived on time without any problem whatsover - all £102 of it for one phone I got free anyway.
  • RustyFlange
    RustyFlange Posts: 7,538 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, I have 2 phones, one is a nokia 6310i and the other is a nokia aswell but can't find it to check number, Where is the best place to trade them in? do I go with the highest price? is it really that simple? and also do the phones have to be perfect as they are both used phones so they have marks on them etc ... they both work but are obviously not brand new
    Raising kids is like being held hostage by midget terrorists
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport