Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally had confirmation of my payment today from our 26 hour delay in 2012:

Total Amount: £1236.06

Less 27% Fixed Costs and Interest - £349.05

Admin Fee: £42.08

Disbursements: £80

Total pay out: £695.12

Not too bad in the end, been a long wait but nearly over!
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,086 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    "Go to the airline YOURSELF. It is a simple matter of sending in a letter with your booking documents and flight details, Jet2 will investigate the claim (chances are the flight has already been assessed, due the amount of claims already processed) and you will get a cheque in the post for significantly MORE than you will get from a legal firm OR a claims company."
    With all due respect martindall, unless you have been on this forum since 2010 or earlier, you won't have a clue how obstinate, procrastinating and intractable J2 have been. If only it were as simple as you suggest. Many disappointed passengers would say its the exact opposite.
    If it weren't for the likes of Bott & Co taking the shisters to higher courts, they would still be arguing the toss now.
    I agree you can do it yourself, but don't expect a result anytime soon from most of the ailrines, especially Jet2.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    As martindall works for Jet2 me thinks firstly he would be better to keep quiet regarding the activities of Jet2 and secondly he may wish to apply for a job at Bott & Co as they serve the public in a far more efficient way than his current firm do.
  • WPC123
    WPC123 Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    martindall wrote: »

Bot & Co have been taking up to 60% of peoples money and since they had a deal with Jet2 for over half a million pounds, they have been raking it in. Don't line the pockets of these vultures any longer.

It is a pity Jet2 do not look after their customers as well as Bott & Co.

If Jet2, and other airlines, looked after their customers (261/2004 claims) then the Bott & Co aviation dept. would not exist.
  • Maxwell07
    Options
    I've just asked Bott & Co to look into a delayed flight claim with Monarch for me after reading all the good reviews about them and feeling I have nothing to lose, however after reading their T&C's regarding fees and charges I got a little worried which led me to this thread.

within 30 minutes of them sending me the T&C's for me to electronically sign (which I heaven't yet) I received another email saying "since taking on your case we have sent a 'letter before action' to the airline" :shocked:

Now if my mind is put at rest and I'm happy with the T&C's then its great that they are moving so quick but if I decide not to accept are they going to send me a bill anyway ?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Maxwell07 - just email them, point out their error and ask the specific question. Only Bott & Co themselves can answer your question.
  • Effervescent
    Options
    Bott & Co have successfully got me compensation for delayed Monarch flight ZB834 from Luton to Corfu on 1 September 2014. Despite the fact the CAA said I was entitled to compensation Monarch still refused to pay up which is why I went to Bott & Co. Excellent and fast service. They charged me 27% plus EUR25. Sadly they won't handle my claim for my return flight from Corfu ZB835 which was cancelled. Would definitely recommend Bott & Co.
  • cam192
    Options
    I am currently using Bott & Co for a relatively small claim (500EU) with BA who rejected my original claim (stating airspace was closed out of London City) where actually they sourced a replacement plane.

I originally tried EUclaim who sent me a power of attorney form which I could see no reason to sign.

I then tried Bott and Co who sent me a 12 page contract. I emailed them (as a previous post) asking for them to confirm precisely what I would be expected to pay, and they wrote a very detailed and comprehensible email specifying 25Eu plus 27% no more and no less. So (as with the poster above) I signed the form and await results, and will post.
  • cam192
    Options
    I know it is 2 yrs after the last post.

I used Bott and Co when I had my claim very rudely refused by BA who told real porkies. I decided I did not want to waste my time on the small claims route so I engaged Bott. Yes, they have a complciated contract but I talked to them and got written confirmation that they would charge nothing beyond the 27% plus a few Eu in any circumstances.

And lo and behold a few weeks later I have a cheque.
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    cam192 wrote: »
    I know it is 2 yrs after the last post.

6 weeks, but close enough. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing