Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Finally had confirmation of payout today since it all began in 2012. I'm slightly worried what we will actually recieve now. Also I thought they had to use the exchange rate based on the date you flew, or are Bott and Co making there own exchange rate up based on todays?

If so the Euro is a hell of a lot weaker now than it was and I'll be disappointed.
  • AMG762
    AMG762 Posts: 478 Forumite
    Options
    I have just been paid out from Bott and Co. My claim was against Easyjet for a flight from Faro to Stansted on 14th September 2009 which arrived 3.25 hours late.

We received £221.05 per passenger.

I have always found Bott and Co to be excellent. They always replied to my emails very quickly and told me exactly what stage my claim was at.

The only part that annoyed me was when Easyjet finally paid Bott with a Euro cheque that took almost six weeks to clear! This was in no way Bott's fault but was annoying having to wait again once payment had been sent.

If anyone does need help to pursue a claim I would highly recommend using Bott and Co
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    robrymond wrote: »
    Finally had confirmation of payout today since it all began in 2012. I'm slightly worried what we will actually recieve now. Also I thought they had to use the exchange rate based on the date you flew, or are Bott and Co making there own exchange rate up based on todays?

If so the Euro is a hell of a lot weaker now than it was and I'll be disappointed.

Airlines are certainly not obliged to use 'the date you flew'. In fact, many of them don't and use the current rate, this however has been challenged in Court and DJ Jenkinson has ruled that the point of Euro Exchaged should be the date of commencement of legal proceedings...

Perhaps, Bott may want to invent there own exchange rate, but I can assure you that they won't .....

Cheers,

NoviceAngel
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • tortou
    tortou Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    So if you win your case, can you request that your compensation be paid in euros?
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    tortou wrote: »
    So if you win your case, can you request that your compensation be paid in euros?

I don't see why not, but unless you have a Euro bank account to pay it into, I'm not sure what, if any advantage it would be.
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • tortou
    tortou Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    I don't see why not, but unless you have a Euro bank account to pay it into, I'm not sure what, if any advantage it would be.

Thanks, husband has a savings account in Ireland.
  • robrymond
    Options
    Airlines are certainly not obliged to use 'the date you flew'. In fact, many of them don't and use the current rate, this however has been challenged in Court and DJ Jenkinson has ruled that the point of Euro Exchaged should be the date of commencement of legal proceedings...

Perhaps, Bott may want to invent there own exchange rate, but I can assure you that they won't .....

Cheers,

NoviceAngel

They have confirmed to me today that the exchange is historic and based on the date of legal proceedings so I'll get 1.18 Euros to the £. I await the money now!
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    They have confirmed to me today that the exchange is historic and based on the date of legal proceedings so I'll get 1.18 Euros to the £. I await the money now!

Well done Botts!

See you were getting all worried for nothing, a good result for you...

• robrymond
    Options
    Well done Botts!

See you were getting all worried for nothing, a good result for you...

Just a shame I had to use them in the first place when my initial claim to TC was rejected but this was before all the legal claims etc otherwise I'd be enjoying interest as well.

Ah well...the money makes up for loosing a days holiday.
  • dunkertruck
    Options
    Just a shame I had to use them in the first place when my initial claim to TC was rejected but this was before all the legal claims etc otherwise I'd be enjoying interest as well.

Ah well...the money makes up for loosing a days holiday.

This is so true... I've handed my families case to Bott.

Problem I have is that I know I have a case, the CAA told Thomas Cook to pay up and they refused, people on here have told me I have a valid case but because its for 12 of us and I was out-voted Bott have our case now which means they win, Thomas Cook lose and we get 73% of the compensation.

I wouldnt even have claimed interest or historic rates. Silly TC.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure