Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• dunkertruck
    Options
    8 very happy adults all received our compensation today. Botts have been excellent throughout!! delighted :)
  • aerostar
    aerostar Posts: 1,736 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    £25 +27% of payment, there are many people who have done it themselves.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/flight-delays
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    aerostar wrote: »

Indeed, but preferably read Vaubans guide ;)
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Eld1985
    Options
    I have fought with Thomas Cook 2014 - 2015, no luck at all, the way they have gone about it and replies makes me believe I am being fobbed off. Last February was my final contact and I gave up.
    Recently read from Martin Lewis about claims which made me think again. I have tried myself and failed so now going through Bott & Co - I will admit I don't usually like to go through companies that take a percentage, however 73% is better than nothing at all plus they have the expertise and legal side, something I don't have.
    Submitted my claim only last week so still at early stage.
  • dunkertruck
    Options
    aerostar wrote: »

sorry to be pedantic but its €25 + 27% not £25. :)
  • NoviceAngel
    Options
    sorry to be pedantic but its €25 + 27% not £25. :)

Taken from their website
    Bott_&_Co wrote:
    When we do successfully settle your case we retain 27% of the total compensation awarded to you plus a £25 administration fee per passenger.

So it's suggesting the OP is correct!
    After reading PtL Vaubans Guide , please don't desert us, hang around and help others!

Hi, we’ve had to remove part of your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • dunkertruck
    dunkertruck Posts: 43 Forumite
    edited 22 February 2016 at 3:54PM
    Options
    Taken from their website

So it's suggesting the OP is correct!

Their website is incorrect, I have just received my compensation through Bott and the invoice I had been emailed states "€25 Admin Fee per Passenger (less VAT)" :)

This is from their T&Cs sent to me:-
    "In effect we rebate the costs that you are liable to pay us to the extent that your bill might exceed the total of 27% of the compensation actually recovered, our administration fee of €25 and the costs (if any) that you actually recover from the other side. If you do not recover any costs from the airline then I can confirm that we waive the right to charge you costs to the extent that those costs would exceed the total of 27% of the compensation together with our €25 administration fee."

Also, on this thread alone there are also final statements to others who have won their case showing the payments and deductions.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68208492&postcount=299
  • NoviceAngel
    NoviceAngel Posts: 2,271 Forumite
    Options
    Their website is incorrect, I have just received my compensation through Bott and the invoice I had been emailed states "€25 Admin Fee per Passenger (less VAT)" :)

This is from their T&Cs sent to me:-
    "In effect we rebate the costs that you are liable to pay us to the extent that your bill might exceed the total of 27% of the compensation actually recovered, our administration fee of €25 and the costs (if any) that you actually recover from the other side. If you do not recover any costs from the airline then I can confirm that we waive the right to charge you costs to the extent that those costs would exceed the total of 27% of the compensation together with our €25 administration fee."

Also, on this thread alone there are also final statements to others who have won their case showing the payments and deductions.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=68208492&postcount=299

Thanks for pointing that out m8, me thinks Bott & Co need to update their website, all good though because 25 Euro is less than GBP anyway :cool:

• kuepper
    kuepper Posts: 1,364 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just been paid by Bott. Besides the 25 euros and 27% there was a £50 disbursements charge plus VAT, so ended up with £225 out of £437 at current exchange rates. I don't know how these things are done in legal circles but somehow you'd think the airline should have been made to pay my bott charges too. Anyway can't complain as that's what I signed up and probably would have given up without bott.
  • dunkertruck
    Options
    kuepper wrote: »
    Just been paid by Bott. Besides the 25 euros and 27% there was a £50 disbursements charge plus VAT, so ended up with £225 out of £437 at current exchange rates. I don't know how these things are done in legal circles but somehow you'd think the airline should have been made to pay my bott charges too. Anyway can't complain as that's what I signed up and probably would have given up without bott.

I worked mine out and it was all correct... If you have received your email from Bott they state that the disbursements are claimed from the airline.

Heres what they said on mine:-

"*This is not a deduction from your compensation. This is a court fee Bott & Co paid on your behalf which the airline have paid back."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure