🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• TonyM19
    TonyM19 Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Money appearing on my online banking today for 29 December!

This was from a delayed flight to Tenerife in October 2013. Bott and Co have had it since March of this year after me getting absolutely nowhere trying to do it myself. No breakdown of how they arrived at the price paid, but I wasn't getting anything until they took over.
  • loobs40
    loobs40 Posts: 1,232 Forumite
    Options
    Money in my bank acct from Bott & co on Xmas Eve.:j:j
  • fd1972uk
    Options
    Money paid today into account, £1033. Have no problem with the fees involved, as hardly did a thing with the exception of some emails.

Very happy.

New kiddies bed and swithering about a new dining set and paying a little extra to our credit card, lol.

FD
  • dawyldthing
    Options
    We got ours today, just over £225 each. I'm more than happy and would like to say thank you to bott n co as like I've said I wasn't getting anywhere with it so I'm more than happy.
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • pickerte
    Options
    loobs40 wrote: »
    Money in my bank acct from Bott & co on Xmas Eve.:j:j
    Thinking of going down this route to get compensation but the small print worries me.

Was it that easy ?
  • TonyM19
    TonyM19 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    In my experience, yes. They take a commission but they do take all the hassle out of the process. I suppose it depends on whether you have the time, persistence and confidence to have a go yourself. I tried, but I was getting nowhere fast.
  • robrymond
    robrymond Posts: 705 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Still waiting for a claim from 2011 which was going through court. I got no where doing it myself, but I could do with the money sometime in the next few months as getting married in July!
  • Fletchasketch
    Options
    Hello,

Just wondering if anybody else has a pending claim with Ryanair via Bott & Co which had previously been stayed due to the 2 year limitations issue.

It's my understanding from Bott & Co that claims with Ryanair are being stayed pending the outcome of the KLM case which relates to extraordinary circumstances.

What I don't understand is the justification for also staying the cases which are over 2 years old.

Any ideas?
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just posting to say I've emailed off my Bott and Co claim signed forms yesterday.

Also gave them my travel insurance details so that they can claim as much from my legal expense cover as possible rather than deduct from my compensation.

I was getting nowhere myself with Gulf Air and didn't have the time nor energy to pursue further independently. Will see how we get on with Bott. I'd rather 2/3 of something than 100% of nothing.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • roxlen11
    Options
    HI just wondering if anyone can help me i have put a claim in against united airlines using resolver and 4 months on i have now received $1,500 of travel vouchers as compensation for the flight going to newyork and also the flight back - i have sent numerous emails stating i don't want vouchers they are useless to me and want a cheque but have received no response as of yet.

Is it worth passing this claim on to Botts or not as they have obviously admitted fault by sending the vouchers ?

Thanks in advance x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family