We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Anyone used EU Claim/Bott & Co?

Options

Comments

• Dips
    Dips Posts: 128 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    katelina wrote: »
    I sent them the dates and flight number. Thats all I have :(

What happened with this?

I have a similar case I may give to them but no etickets, boarding pass, etc.
  • Fletchasketch
    Options
    CobyBenson wrote: »
    We've got a number of test cases ongoing at the moment to test this point. We hope to get an answer from the Court in the first half of 2014.

Unfortunately Ryanair have the upper hand at the moment because they rely on a number of County Court decisions where litigants in person have lost against Ryanair'a lawyer.

Now we've got to undo that and pursuade the English Courts that the previous Judgments were wrong.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed. I'm no lawyer, but I can't see how Ryanair's Ts & Cs can be valid if they contravene an EU law.
    May'18 DEBT FREE!

£6025 PB's: £1427 Nutmeg Pot: £51'174 Company Shares £512.09 InvestEngine £8.21 Freetrade £569.46 Stake
    £2457.92 TCB.
  • katelina
    katelina Posts: 106 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Dips wrote: »
    What happened with this?

I have a similar case I may give to them but no etickets, boarding pass, etc.

I PM'd socrates1882 (Kevin Clarke) who has taken the case on. I had already had a " extraordinary circumstance" letter reply from Virgin which from what I can gather is virtual admission that I was on the plane. So fingers crossed :)
  • SimonSays
    Options
    CobyBenson wrote: »
    We've got a number of test cases ongoing at the moment to test this point. We hope to get an answer from the Court in the first half of 2014.

Unfortunately Ryanair have the upper hand at the moment because they rely on a number of County Court decisions where litigants in person have lost against Ryanair'a lawyer.

Now we've got to undo that and pursuade the English Courts that the previous Judgments were wrong.

Shouldn't you get permission to post if your the Same Coby Benson from Bott&Co?
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SimonSays wrote: »

Possibly so HOWEVER most people that come here are looking for help and if Coby continues to offer both assistance and explanation it works for me! If MSE cannot get their advise page in order and they continue to quote compensation when fog occurs then we need people to point out the law and guidance otherwise we will all get it wrong.
  • JPears
    JPears Posts: 5,087 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I agree with Kab, I believe Coby has actually mde his own claim in the past so knows what we face, always offers impartial and free advice and never (AFAIK) promotes B & Co.
    I'm happy and grateful to have him on board.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Dr_Watson
    Options

Ditto the comments above.
    The advice and help Coby and Kevin bring to the forum is immeasurable.
    A couple of experts in the field who will always offer guidance and advice without pushing their own company down anyone's throats...
    Hats off to 'em and thanks.
    Successfully sued Ryanair in 2013/14...and have been 'helping' litigants since then.

Current known score:-
    Dr Watson 35 - 0 Ryanair / Ince and Co

Go to post 622 on the Ryanair thread to read how to sue them safely.
  • legal_magpie
    Options
    This is a little unfair. Coby makes no secret that he works for Bott and Co and distinguishes between the advice he posts in the forum and his work as a professional. So do I (se my signature below) and so do others.
    As many may know I found this forum very useful in my own case (even though some of the threads are completely unmanageable because of their length) and I doubt whether I would have won without it. I am only too happy to share my experience with others.
    JJ
  • stuco
    stuco Posts: 30 Forumite
    Options
    If MSE cannot get their advise page in order and they continue to quote compensation when fog occurs then we need people to point out the law and guidance

Hi, just noticed this when catching up on the posts and wanted to clarify something. Just returned from a trip where incoming flight to Kittila airport was diverted (came up cancelled on board) to Rovaniemni airport due to fog/weather conditions. We were then bused 2 hours south to Rovaniemni to board plane there, returning more than 3 hours late to uk. Any compensation due?

Will move to relevant board depending on answer. Thanks.
  • 111KAB
    111KAB Posts: 3,645 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    stuco wrote: »
    Hi, just noticed this when catching up on the posts and wanted to clarify something. Just returned from a trip where incoming flight to Kittila airport was diverted (came up cancelled on board) to Rovaniemni airport due to fog/weather conditions. We were then bused 2 hours south to Rovaniemni to board plane there, returning more than 3 hours late to uk. Any compensation due?

Will move to relevant board depending on answer. Thanks.

Should be on Monarch thread but unlikely compensation due as fog intervened (or so Monarch said) .... the story was on the Monarch Complaints Facebook page however I thought there was an Aberdeen stop over so maybe yours wasn't the flight into BHX.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport