PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

OS Sunday 3rd June '07

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for xx (add date). This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

:hello: Gooood Morning :D:D:D

Bit misty out, hopefully that will clear later! Good job I got all the washing finished yesterday if not :D Got a phone call in the night, but while the noise penetrated my sleep just enough to know about it, I didn't get up for the call. Just checked and it was 0105hrs (withheld number) :confused: Oh well, if it was *that* important, I'm sure I'll get another call at some point today.

Toe isn't half as bad so maybe badly bruised rather than anything broken. Strapped it up yesterday - or at least, d11yo did with the bindings we had left over from his broken finger. Then went out to see J&A for the afternoon. They've upped her morphine and she really wasn't in the mood for going out; we didn't stop long because she was clearly pleased to see us, but just as clearly tired. She did give d13yo his birthday card, which she'd made herself, very good job she'd done of it too. :D
Today will be very much a get-ready-for-school-day for the lads and wind down for us all.

Have a lovely MSE kind of Sunday :D :wave:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments

• JAMIEDODGER
    JAMIEDODGER Posts: 4,339 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    morning queenie:) and all to come....

my lot are up early as usual! yesterday was a good baking day with loads of muffins now frozen for next weeks lunchboxes:D

today will be cookies, jam tarts and baby quiches! only two of mine back to school tomorrow, as its an inset day for the other two! never mind! lots of ironing to be done to get ready for their return. i cant believe it is the last term of primary school for ds1, this september he is going to high school, now that makes me feel really old!

queenie - hope that toe is feeling better today.

brekkie today will be the usual cereal or toast
    lunch - fridge use ups
    dinner - will probably do a free choice dinner. i have eggs to use up, they can have what they like as long as its made with eggs lol

i do have a bit of paperwork to do tonight. just finishing off may's accounts, have already done most of it so shouldnt take too long.

have a great day everyone:D
    November NSD's - 7
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi to queenie and jamiedodger:j and all who follow

Doing some baking today with kids, ds1 caught 2 fish yesterday but he released them back, awww, he was so excited he caught something!

Dh back to work today, so can get on with normal routine:D

No other plans as yet, will see how today progresses:rolleyes:

Kyle
  • AMIE399
    AMIE399 Posts: 1,372 Forumite
    Options
    Good morning Queenie, Jammied nd Kyle and all to follow...

sorry havent been around here since friday morning, hope you are all well.... queenie what have you done to youe toe.. sorry havent read any of the days threads yet ?
    Jammied..... this is the lastterm in lower school for my dd !!! she will be starting upper school in sept... your ds1 is proberbly going to where my dd is now !!!!! i will chat with you about it on tues... is tues still ok for you.. i will pm you later to make arrangements
    Kyle.. how is your mouth.. hope you are feeling better now.awww glad your ds enjoyed the fishing

had a bbq yesterday, my mum and nan came round, got some nice sardines from mr Ts for it... Mmmm it was lovely and for dessert we had bbq fresh pineapple rings

well im off to work now... be back at about 11amish !!!!
    hugs to you all
    Loraine x x x
    slimmimg world weight loss 6lbs
    started 27/1/10
  • Queenie
    Queenie Posts: 8,793 Forumite
    Options
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PMS Pot: £57.53 Pigsback Pot: £23.00
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    Usual Sunday i think..... I get up early and play on this thing. Then I take the dog for a walk to the local SPAR, 1 mile, get a paper. which one depends on what they are giving away free today.
    Everyone gets ready for church and we drive to Truro, for a good 2 hour church and social. Get home, make a late lunch, (roast) and then the rest of the day everyone pretty much does their own thing.
    My OH has to study for her GCSE maths exam tomorrow... 30 years after taking the first one!!.
    So I guess it's TV if it's raining, or garden if it's dry.... I think it's TV by the look at the forcast..
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • charlies_mum
    charlies_mum Posts: 8,118 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    morning all :wave:

Lovely sunny day here again (sorry N9eav), so off to the boot sale to look for bargains, and then down to the lottie. Apparently our potatoes don't have blight, they have frost damage - so much for the advice of the old experts who have been doing allotments for years ;)

Chicken for lunch, so will put in the slow cooker

Hope everyone is ok x
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • N9eav
    N9eav Posts: 4,742 Forumite
    Options
    You wait...... the rain is coming in from the west...... so it's coming your way:rotfl:
    NO to pasty tax We won!!!! Just shows that people power works! Don't be apathetic to your cause!
  • yellowmonkey
    yellowmonkey Posts: 7,052 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning to one and all.

How are you all today ?.

Lovely day down souf at the moment. Going to pick up my DS's for the day and am planning on going to a local forest to investigate a bit of nature. Costs nothing and is great fun. Normally i would have gone to a play centre and spent loads but since i have become a DFW i not only save money i see and appreciate things a lot better than i used too.

Home later for a roast (not Aunt Bessie this time) and hopefully settled down before the rain arrives from the west(Thanks for the warning N9eav )

hope you all have a good one

ym
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone! I've been having withdrawal symptoms this week! We took DIL and GD to Norfolk with us....cold, grey and mostly wet, until Friday when we returned! Spent yesterday overworking the washing machine (very last load on now) and basking in the warm sunshine! Today looks good too - may take a while for your weather to get this far N9eav - at least I hope so!
    Not an OS week at all while we were away, so back for a bit of belt-tightening and more HM this week, as well as back to school of course.
    Queenie, I winced when I read about your toe - very painful, and not a lot to be done with it, broken or bruised. Take care.
    Fairly restful day here, Church, lunch, a spot of ironing and generally sort out day ready for work tomorrow. Love and hugs to all who need them. I'm off to try to catch up on all your doings from the past week!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • twink
    twink Posts: 3,827 Forumite
    Options
    morning all

its been raining here but warm, ideal weather for the garden as i planted out purple sprouting brocolli yesterday and potted up tomatoes, got all the back garden tidied so now will have to make a herb garden for kyle, doesnt look as if her dh is going to bother, there are chives, parsley, coriander and basil to go in
    got the house and car cleaned yesterday too and hoovered at kyles so am a wee bit stiff today, usual visit to elderly neighbour in afternoon and might have a walk later

queenie hugs to your friend, glad your toe isnt broken
    N9eave good luck to your dh for tomorrows exam
    grannybroon the saying is, a daughter is a daughter all your life but a son is a son till he takes a wife, dont think its that true though
    hugs to crazychik

and hugs to all xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills