Forum Home» Greenfingered MoneySaving

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs - Page 933

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

edited 16 June 2013 at 6:15AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
9.4K replies 366.2K views

Replies

• COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    morning all,

beautiful morning here.. blue sky, sun shining, and just a little nip in the air.. talking of Autumn, does anyone know when the clocks go back?? I must admit, I am dreading that, as it will be darker in the nights..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • ukmaggie45ukmaggie45 Forumite
    3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    morning all,

beautiful morning here.. blue sky, sun shining, and just a little nip in the air.. talking of Autumn, does anyone know when the clocks go back?? I must admit, I am dreading that, as it will be darker in the nights..

According to Google:

The clocks go back in the Autumn, on Sunday October 26 2014 at 2am.
  • RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit cloudy but warm here today :D

I am just back from the supermarket run and it took forever, I think that from now on I am going to get it delivered or pre packed for me just to collect. That way I will save both time and money. Any moment now I will go and put it all away :rotfl:

Maybe later today I will manage to get the beds dug over and the last bulbs planted.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    managed to go out for an hour or two, so went to Wilko's to get some seeds as they are half price, cant remember what I got now lol..
    Also picked up some onion sets ( not reduced) which said to plant between now and December... there were 60 sets, 20 of 3 varieties,

It is so close and humid.. and the sky is quite over cast now.. feels like we could do with a storm...

Hope everyone is ok today..

Alfie I have pm'd you..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Im fine just busy and mildly irritated at being so busy :rotfl: Not much time in the garden but I did get some bulbs when I was at the shop and I managed to plant something out when I got in. Tomorrow I will get the rest of the bulbs in!

Hope everyone else has had a relaxing (or pleasantly productive) day ;)
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had a busier weekend than I'd intended.

BiL came down to stay in his caravan for a couple of days. He brought a long handled hedge trimmer, so I set about the 150' elm hedge with it. Luckily, the postman did the side facing the lane and most of the top with his tractor, so I just had the garden side to do. Still a bit of a shoulder-aching job, but it's done now. :D

I packed a Hippo bag with plasterboard on Friday, and what I couldn't get into that I bagged-up to take to the tip. The tip charges, but it's cheaper than a second Hippo bag. ;)

Finished clearing plants for Mr Rod with digger, who's coming to repair the septic tank outflow......but he didn't show.....Saw him today, very briefly, as he passed our place in his truck at silly per hour! :rotfl:

The big beam is placed in position tomorrow, but we can't start the roof properly till we have a 6metre length of wood, which wasn't ordered soon enough. :o Instead, we shall start cutting the smaller pieces we'll need.....It will be a bit of a race now to get the roof up before the weather breaks....:eek:

Hope Mrs Diva and the piglins are OK and settling to a routine now, CTC :)

We have a sick hen. It's the remaining Australorp, who survived mycoplasma and has always had a weak respiratory system. She is finding the moult and feather re-growth extremely taxing....It'll go one way or t'other in the next 24hours. :(
    Patron to The Warning
    "No country has ever improved the health of its citizens by making them poorer." John Lee - Professor of Pathology. UK.
  • RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed for the hen Dave
  • How's the hen today Dave?

Was lovely yesterday but damp and grey today.

Plumber here as downstairs loo leaks. This is leak number 4 since we started having the work done, it would seem that we don't have good 'water retention' karma :o:o:o

Got some flea bites yesterday, looked at the calender and realised cats hadn't been done for over 2 months, luckily had some advocate and stronghold in the cupboard, so cats and dogs have been done now. Hopefully a 'flea free' house now.....

Lappy very unhappy so I really must get on with replacing the HDD, luckily there are You Tube videos for just about everything now.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
  • Turned into a lovely day with us - all the more surprising as it's been a holiday Monday in Scotland :j

My sole 'outdoor' job (although I may look for snails later) was putting teak oil on the steamer chairs before they get put away. In the event of continued nice weather, I'll just use the aluminium cafe chairs.
  • alfie_1alfie_1 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi all.... quiet on here ?? can i do a roll call to check everyone is ok please ?? choille and LIR ?? pretend im mother hen rounding up her chicks ;):D kittens ....:eek: have found the stairs and are up and down them at breakneck speed .... one though, just ran across my laptop and turned the screen upside down somehow :cool: i was having to look at it upside down to try and turn it back :( not easy as cursor worked opposite too ;) managed it by fluke after 30 minutes of cursing :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support