Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

edited 16 June 2013 at 6:15AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
9.4K replies 366.3K views

Replies

• alfie_1alfie_1 Forumite
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi all.... my poor black lab has been suffering for 2 weeks now with a horrendous "season".. :( she never had a season till she was 7/8 yrs old. at the time vet said sometimes dogs are barren and will never have any so i didnt get her speyed... then she started and too old to spey !! poor girl has been so week from it all [bucket loads !] seen vet twice so far and shes had a jab to clot the blood or something. seems to be working now, slowed down a lot. ive got through 3 quilts and covers and i now have to get a new lounge carpet as beyond rescue :eek: she cant help it and looks so mortified as if shes in trouble :o who'd have pets eh !!
  • Alfie, I had my last female springer speyed at the age of 8, I'd get another opinion unless you really, really trust your vet. Salt water will help to get the said s up. xx
    Good enough is good enough, and I am more than good enough!:j

If all else fails, remember, keep calm and hug a spaniel!
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    MrsAtobe wrote: »
    Alfie, I had my last female springer speyed at the age of 8, I'd get another opinion unless you really, really trust your vet. Salt water will help to get the said s up. xx

I think she's a bit older than that now, and has another issue that might make general rather dicey. :(

She's a grand girl though. :)
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    MrsAtobe wrote: »
    Alfie, I had my last female springer speyed at the age of 8, I'd get another opinion unless you really, really trust your vet. Salt water will help to get the said s up. xx
    she's 13 now :( she only had light spotting till now, nothing major. she has a throat problem anyway [lazy larynx] and couldnt take the anesthetic. her throat would close up and even coming round would need tubing , not fair even if survived anesthetic.... vicious circle......:( anyway looks like we've turned a corner , i trust my vet totally and he knows her well. poor gal is just very weak... gorgeous day here... its 17d already :D
  • DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just dull here. Yesterday we were misty, like this:

f3w60z.jpg

Still quite a bit of colour though.

Wood hasn't all arrived, so builder has gone in search of more. There has been a right c0-ck-up over this roof, with too many cooks being involved, but for reasons of diplomacy I'll say no more! :mad: We shall get wet now, sure of it.

Meanwhile, Mr Rod has returned, done some measurements, agreed a course of action with me and departed again. Turns out he may need our rubble......I think we'll be having a new system & soakaway. :( Still, long term, that may be cheaper and work just as well as the alternative I was mulling-over.....

At least he was able to see for himself the constant flow from the neighbouring property, which is something the landlady has regarded as mythical, because it suits her. :p
    Patron to The Warning
    Things are more like they are today than they ever were.

• Lovely photo Dave thanks for posting - brightened up the thread:)

Still got a little colour in my new flower bed, mainly from the dahlia's which seem to have had a very good year.

Finally got round to replacing the hdd on my lappy. It's now formatting which is taking an age. Posting on Mr BD's lappy which is running Win 8. Problem is that if I am a bit careless as to where the trackpad points the pointer thingy I am whisked off to other screens and cant find my way back to where I was:o. Have just managed to return from an unanticipated sojourn to 'x-box music' with no idea how I got there and not much of a better idea how I got back to this thread. So if you are thinking of buying a new lappy wait until Windows 9 comes out. I think Win 8 is a dud, although not as bad as Vista.

Brother and family visiting again at the weekend, arriving Friday afternoon, leaving on Monday so will not be as tiring as their 12 day visit earlier in the year.

The programmer on our CH system is duff, you have to sneak up on it if you want it to produce heating outside the usual timed periods - Mr BD's can't get it to work at all! So I have ordered a wireless programmable thermostat which replaces the programmer and thermostat £128 which if it works properly is not too bad at all. It can be controlled online and also on a smart phone. So if I'm feeling a bit chilly I can lay in bed and turn the heating on or up!! Also got some TRV's so I can zone heat this winter and not waste oil when it is just me in the house during the day.
    It is a good idea to be alone in a garden at dawn or dark so that all its shy presences may haunt you and possess you in a reverie of suspended thought.
    James Douglas
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    hi all........... just spent the day emptying cupboards at one of my boss's houses that her daughter is moving into . we started at 11am and finished at 4pm ! one quick tip run and 1/4 back to her house and 3/4 back to mine ...:eek: :p got some amazing curtains, materials, xmas decor ?:o and weird stuff. some cool antique /vintage stuff too... well i couldnt say no could i ;) stig of the dump rides again...:rotfl::rotfl: its just started to drizzle again after a lovely day [i dont mind at night] averaged 20d today.... suits me :) all kittens go friday :( 2 to a friend in portsmouth [she was having 1 but couldnt choose so i suggested 2 ;) my boss had booked 1 but as only 2 left then said she'd have the 2. so i get to see them at work :D i HAVE to get mum neutered ! but her milk has to dry up so after a week im hoping its done. lets hope she hasnt got "caught" :( ive done my best to keep her in and only out in garden when i am.... right food then ive got to try and sort and fill MY cupboards with all these goodies :rotfl::rotfl:
    5.8K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    by the way , black lab has turned the corner and seems to have "dried up" so vet got it right :beer:
    33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have scaffolding and are starting the roof....just as the weather is breaking! :rotfl:The Outlaws are here, just to ensure it's done right, and I'm sure it will be, but I'm keeping out of it...;)

So, I've been madly mowing, strimming and burning all the hedge stuff before the rain puts paid to that sort of thing.

Forgot to mention, unwell hen pulled-through and we put her back with the flock last night. She's boss hen, so no problems re-integrating her. :D

Those wireless programmers are pretty good from what I've read. Some of the boilers are now smart enough to be controlled over the 'phone or to report their own faults...Fair enough, but better if they don't break down in the first place!

We are still no closer deciding what we shall have, but one of the pellet guys 'phoned for feedback today. I told him we couldn't act this side of winter. He was relieved, because the commercial side of their operation is very busy, due to the RHI changing in December.
    Patron to The Warning

33.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    by the way , black lab has turned the corner and seems to have "dried up" so vet got it right :beer:

Yay! :j

And good news that some of your kittens will be staying together too. They do benefit from company of their own age, I'm sure.

Our two are being 'done' next Wednesday. Love them, but like kids, two's enough for me! :)
    Patron to The Warning

This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support