Forum Home» Greenfingered MoneySaving

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs - Page 937

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Daydream thread... without the rose-tinted specs

edited 16 June 2013 at 6:15AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
9.4K replies 366.2K views

Replies

• RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    well to add to the :(:(:( ive had to have my darling black lab PTS. she collapsed today and i looked at her face and she'd had enough. ive wept buckets but know iv done the right thing.

Oh Alfie, I am so so so sorry.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • lostinrateslostinrates Forumite
    55.3K posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh alf.

I'm sorry. She was a great girl. She'd done well though, you've taken great care of her.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alfie, I am so, so sorry to hear the news...its so hard, I honestly don't know what to say.. except, you knew it was right..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • rozeepozeerozeepozee Forumite
    2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear your news, Alf.

We have sad news here, too, but nothing I want to make at all public at the moment.

All work on the house has stopped whilst we deal with unforeseens. Still hoping to be in by the end of the month, though.

Like Rummer, I'm rushed off my feet and shattered.
  • RummerRummer Forumite
    6.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rozee Sorry to hear you have had sad news, I will be thinking of you and your family.
    Taking responsibility one penny at a time!
  • DawnWDawnW Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    alfie_1 wrote: »
    well to add to the :(:(:( ive had to have my darling black lab PTS. she collapsed today and i looked at her face and she'd had enough. ive wept buckets but know iv done the right thing.

So sorry to hear this. It is so sad that they don't live as long as we do, isn't it? :(

• DavesnaveDavesnave Forumite
    33.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts are with both of you who've coped with great sadness today.

It's not appropriate for me to ramble on about drains and building, so I won't, but it's good to know that you'll be in by the end of the month, rozee. :)
    Patron to The Warning
    "No country has ever improved the health of its citizens by making them poorer." John Lee - Professor of Pathology. UK.
  • choillechoille Forumite
    9.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just popped in and hear your sad news alfie & also Rozee too. So sorry & hope that you can take some comfort Alfie from the fact that you gave your black lab a very good happy life.

Hope things improve Rozee.

Not been able to get on much at all. Been having pretty awful neighbour stuff, but have handed it all over to an MSP as getting too stressed with the bureaucracy of the Crofting Commission - felt like I've been down the rabbit hole for a while. Bizarre times - very 1984.

Weather very windy this evening, but has been truly gorgeous =- real Indian Summer, but much cooler today & the leaves are starting to come down off the trees.
  • COOLTRIKERCHICKCOOLTRIKERCHICK Forumite
    10.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rozee, sorry to hear you have had some difficult news.. what ever it is, we are here for you.

Choille.... hope you are OH are ok.. what ever is going on with your neighbour, hope it is sorted soon...

LIR hope you are feeling a bit better...

weather wise,, well it is def looking and feeling like Autumn here... today, and it sounds as though it might be here to stay..ooo well the extended warm weather was good while it lasted..

Davesanave, I was at the city's flower wholesaler's a few days ago, ( wanted some display wicker baskets) and they had 25KG net bags of Daf bulbs, does that sound like a good price? ( it did to me) I know that is a heck of a lot of Daffs, but I do have plenty of places to plant them lol.. was thinking along the footpath..
    Work to live= not live to work
  • RASRAS Forumite
    28.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What was the price of the bag of daffs CTC?

rozee, alf and choille; wish your news was better.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support