MSE News: Sky takes over O2 and Be broadband: What does this mean for customers?

Options

Comments

• teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,475 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I like the large lights on the Sky router, as you can see the status from a distance, instead of going up close and peering at the tiny dim lights on the O2 version. It is also looks more expensive.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    .....You don't need anything. You just need to unplug the O2 router and connect the Sky router.....

Doesn't sound very secure!!! (Unless you don't use wifi)

You sure you don't need it's password to connect to it?
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    jem16 wrote: »
    In the end I chose to stick to Weekend calls package at £7.50pm with a £75 credit. I was told that if I wanted Anytime UK, it was an extra £5pm which I could add or remove any time I wanted. I thought I'd see how I got on rather than commit to the extra £5pm.
    Thanks, so it sounds like my £12.50 estimate with £75 credit should be possible.
    Stompa
  • jem16
    jem16 Posts: 19,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Quentin wrote: »
    Doesn't sound very secure!!! (Unless you don't use wifi)

You never mentioned WiFi before. I mainly use a wired network.
    You sure you don't need it's password to connect to it?

For WiFi yes you would need to use the password that came with the router just as with the O2 router. (or login to the router and set your own)
  • jem16
    Options
    Stompa wrote: »
    Thanks, so it sounds like my £12.50 estimate with £75 credit should be possible.

It should be but they may only offer £40 credit first of all. Just push them for the £75 credit.
  • truckid
    truckid Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to ask again, Just wanted to make sure.

Is free Sky TV only offered for those O2 customers that sign up to Sky BB and landline AND have not had Sky TV in the past ?

The women said they do offer free TV but since I've had Sky TV, I can't get it for free.
  • oldgit485
    Options
    Had been adamant I wouldn't move to SKY but everyone I spoke to at the team seemed professional so decided to give it a try.
    Every part of the process has been 100%, polite and efficient staff,communication by email/text for router delivery and installation date.Activated today, Line speed download at 3.6 and upload at .5 both half what it was with O2 but I assume that is down to DLM,will give it 10 days to adjust and hope it will return to O2 speeds.

The deal I got was £12.50 pm for unlimited bb + landline + SR101 router + anytime + free caller ID +£40.00 in my account.
    Not the best deal here but I didn't want TV and assuming my line speeds increase I will be happy.
    Well done Sky.
    Best regards
    oldgit
  • ahappychappy
    Options
    Just had bit of argument with Sky, not happy with the offer they gave me and which i unfortunately accepted as it was dou ble everyone one else i.e 15.45 per month for ll and bb.

I wanted to cancel there and then within cooling off period but guy stated if i wanted to keep the same ll number i ciouldnt as i would lose it, is this correct?

Im really unhappy with them now and there attitude but surely i am within the cooling off period but i know the guy was trying to confuse me and i still dont know where i stand.

I don't want to pay them and go elsewhere i ordered and accepted on the 30th surely i am within my right to cancel within the cooling off period and not get charged with still keeping my number?
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    edited 5 December 2013 at 3:49PM
    Options
    If you only "signed" up on 30th, then the switch won't have happened yet.

He's just scaremongering over you losing your number, as they don't "own" it yet. (It may be a widespread tactic - BT tried this lie about "you won't keep your number" on me when they discovered I was leaving them for pastures cheaper)

Contact your current provider now and tell them you do not want to leave them, and cancel with sky.

Tell them you want to stay on o2 bb till the latest possible date.
  • jem16
    Options
    I don't want to pay them and go elsewhere i ordered and accepted on the 30th surely i am within my right to cancel within the cooling off period and not get charged with still keeping my number?

Perfectly within your rights. The switch usually takes 2 weeks so you have plenty of time. Contact your current provider and tell them.

Did you tell Sky why you want to cancel? Tell them you will stay if given same deal as others.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure