Separated, how much should I provide?

Options

Comments

• justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Speaking of it - what is happening with a house sale , pardon my.noseiness
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JackRS
    JackRS Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    justme111 wrote: »
    Speaking of it - what is happening with a house sale , pardon my.noseiness

Well nothing yet not a great time to sell the winter so probably will be spring but you never know.

Thinking of trying one of the online sites where you pay a flat fee (~£400) up front. Some people we know have had good results from this and if it does sell works out cheaper. The only issue for me is guess who has to pay the fee?
    Regards

JackRS
  • justme111
    Options
    Theoretical answer would be 50/50 I guess , in practice - whoever wants the house sold :D. I would assume whoever pays it is irrelevant as it would be taken into account when distributing house sale proceeds ?
    By the way I would think it would be fair if all the time your ex was benefitting from living without paying rent due to her using joint asset (house ) would be taken into account as well in final split , I would check with your solicitor .
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,567 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Jack,
    A new month, just hoping that no news is good news.
    You remain in my thoughts.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• JackRS
    Options
    Thanks. Hi, things aren't really moving as acturies report on pensions is delayed, hearing due on 5th Feb has been postponed. My son's 18th birthday is on Thursday, he found himself a car but not found a job yet.
    Regards

JackRS
  • justme111
    Options
    Any news ? How did the court hearing go ?
  • JackRS
    Options
    Sorry nothing to report at this time sorry, don't have a revised date for hearing and actuaries taking time to get state pension values etc.
    Regards

JackRS
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,567 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thankyou Jack-any update from you is always welcome.

How are you now?
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• JackRS
    Options
    Well not great, I've been having sessions with psychologist for 6 weeks now trying to help me be more positive and less self loathing. Not seeing any improvement yet but keep trying.
    Regards

JackRS
  • RAS
    RAS Posts: 32,788 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JackRS wrote: »
    Well not great, I've been having sessions with psychologist for 6 weeks now trying to help me be more positive and less self loathing. Not seeing any improvement yet but keep trying.

IME it takes a bit of things to take effect and sometimes it is challenging in the early stages.

All I can say in the end is that without that work I would not be where I am today (in a good way) and would have struggled to cope with some of the other things life threw at me meantime, so it was worth it long-term.

There is a long thread on the Old Style forum where people list 5 good things a day. You may or may not want to join but the basic premise is a good one; even if the good thing is four hours solid sleep, a supermarket bargain or the sight a loved flower or bird.
    The person who has not made a mistake, has made nothing
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport