Separated, how much should I provide?

Options

Comments

• justme111
    justme111 Posts: 3,508 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    My guess would be that you are not going to be in a good place as you known it.
    You are going to be in a great place that you have not been to yet , that's why you can not imagine it.
    Great news about the son , you are on speaking terms now then ? What has happened to the car for him ? And how is your relationship with your daughter ? Have you got new 0% credit card ? How is work ? Howuch you paying to your ex and how long for is it going to be ? How is your relationship with her ?
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JackRS
    JackRS Posts: 1,059 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You are right can't imagine it.

My son replies to my texts with the odd word and I try and see him when he comes this way but try not to be pushy. He bought a car and insurance with his saving and the money he got from me and grandparents for his 18th birthday.

I try to see my daughter every week and talk by a phone a few times. She’s still very upset about things.

No haven’t tried to apply for any more cards as credit rating still poor due electoral role address.

Work is difficult but I’m getting by, not enjoying it suffering with low motivation due to everything else going on.

I’m paying the ex the same as before, she’s completed some IT training and applied for jobs but with no recent experience is not getting any further.

The relationship could best be described as tense but we communicate about the children and house etc.
    Regards

JackRS
  • justme111
    Options
    Have they said how long you would be paying maintenance for or is it going to be determined once actuary report is ready ?
    Good to hear you are on speaking terms with both kids
    It has just been a year since it all started , is it ?
    What stops you from getting your new address registered at local council ?
    The word "dilemma" comes from Greek where "di" means two and "lemma" means premise. Refers usually to difficult choice between two undesirable options.
    Often people seem to use this word mistakenly where "quandary" would fit better.
  • JackRS
    Options
    New address is registered just takes time for credit companies to see it supposed to be OK from Feb?

No idea how long is part of finacial settlement hearing

Well yes more than a year Left home Jan 2013.
    Regards

JackRS
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Quite honestly odds are your son would probably be at the brief text phase even if you were still living with your ex and if he had gone off to college/living elsewhere for work-whatever. Most young men do it to one degree or another for a while whilst they are in transition at his age.
    Your daughter -she needs time and probably needs to see you moving forward before she feels she can too.
    Work.... Things will improve as you get your head and your focus back on track.
    Your ex will get there with work - and once that happpens you'll all benefit as a lot of everyone's feelings are about feeling in limbo - not yet moved on -Your son is the only one who is moving forward at the moment(because he's not held back by the house)-once your ex is working and the house is sold things will feel very different and conversations will be about the future - for now the house especially is tethering you all to the past.
    With spring arrived does the garden need sprucing up to attract buyers or any other titivating -and of course give the estate agent a big kick up the bum just as the spring is here lets move brigade start registering !! Maybe retake any photos you're not 100% happy with for Rightmove and Zoopla ?
    You'll get there Jack -once the house is sold you'll be able to move forward with much more focus and drive. Hang on in there.

JackRS wrote: »
    You are right can't imagine it.

My son replies to my texts with the odd word and I try and see him when he comes this way but try not to be pushy. He bought a car and insurance with his saving and the money he got from me and grandparents for his 18th birthday.

I try to see my daughter every week and talk by a phone a few times. She’s still very upset about things.

No haven’t tried to apply for any more cards as credit rating still poor due electoral role address.

Work is difficult but I’m getting by, not enjoying it suffering with low motivation due to everything else going on.

I’m paying the ex the same as before, she’s completed some IT training and applied for jobs but with no recent experience is not getting any further.

The relationship could best be described as tense but we communicate about the children and house etc.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • justme111
    Options
    JackRS wrote: »
    New address is registered just takes time for credit companies to see it supposed to be OK from Feb?

No idea how long is part of finacial settlement hearing

Well yes more than a year Left home Jan 2013.
    Well its just over a year , the rollacoster is in full swing yet, think how much of everything happened in this year and how much changed , would you rather be in a place where you are now or would you prefer a place where you were a year ago ?
    Any reason why you don't check with council/expedia and apply for another card ? Mind , I planned to pay part of my tax this way - they charge like 2% fee on the balance to be transferred :(.
  • JackRS
    Options
    justme111 wrote: »
    Well its just over a year , the rollacoster is in full swing yet, think how much of everything happened in this year and how much changed , would you rather be in a place where you are now or would you prefer a place where you were a year ago ?
    Any reason why you don't check with council/expedia and apply for another card ? Mind , I planned to pay part of my tax this way - they charge like 2% fee on the balance to be transferred :(.

I've had notification that the Equifax credit file has been updated with Electoral role has been updated so there shouldn't be problem but when I did the eligibility test for some purchase cards on here it showed that I had 0% chance on all cards. I have a Equifax account but would need to pay £15 for the latest credit score report, I got the first one free when I joined on a 30day free.

Is there another way of getting the latest credit score report for free?
    Regards

JackRS
  • justme111
    Options
    Experian ?
  • vandanfc
    vandanfc Posts: 2,026 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You could try these, much talked about on DFW and BR boards:

https://www.noddle.co.uk/
  • ampersand
    ampersand Posts: 9,565 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 April 2014 at 10:28PM
    Options
    Hello Jack,

Easter evening and I just wanted to send wishes laden with all that this signifies, regardless of any - or no- beliefs you may hold.

It's the season of renewal and beginnings. We see it in the garden[as I'm sure your Dad is]and we feel this stir in our own lives and longings.

Please take this to heart and it would be good if you could let us know how you are a little more frequently. Over a fortnight since you checked in feels too long without an 'It's me', even if you have nothing new to report.

Please value yourself as the good man you patently are. Take every care - &.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT &BUDGET HELP:
    01274 760721, freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure